Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   definitive sit-n-go strategy article??? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=360054)

10-18-2005 09:27 AM

definitive sit-n-go strategy article???

is there a definitie sit-n-go strategy article or two out there? (and yes, i've searched quite a bit for one).

i see so much "keep your powder dry, and wait for huge opportunities" but the blinds start very low and move up very fast.

looking for someone who's actually done some simulation and math in writing the article... i mean, there must come a point where the blinds are so small that it's essentially meaningless if you call early and then get raised out of hand (example would be one million starting chips and the blinds are 10/20 - what would be the downside of calling every unraised pot pre-flop??)

i see some good stuff but most of it is just from rank amateurs like me... i wonder if one of the great poker writers out there has done anything???

thanks in advance!!

Cactus Jack 10-18-2005 09:37 AM

Re: definitive sit-n-go strategy article???

Oh, goody, let me be the first to set fire to this post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is it such a human thing to want everything to be easy?

If there were such a thing as a definitive article or two, would there be any point in playing anything out?

Would a writer who knew the "secret handshake" be an idiot to disclose it?

Finally, how can there be two of anything which are definitive?

And I bet I'm the only one who responds that isn't going to fry you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Let me be the first to point out that there is an excellent FAQ at the top of the page.

CJ

skipperbob 10-18-2005 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, goody, let me be the first to set fire to this post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is it such a human thing to want everything to be easy?

If there were such a thing as a definitive article or two, would there be any point in playing anything out?

Would a writer who knew the "secret handshake" be an idiot to disclose it?

Finally, how can there be two of anything which are definitive?

And I bet I'm the only one who responds that isn't going to fry you. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Let me be the first to point out that there is an excellent FAQ at the top of the page.

CJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be second? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Gomez22 10-18-2005 10:01 AM

Your avatar makes me feel quite uneasy...

10-18-2005 10:41 AM

cactus jack,

do you not have anything better to do with your time??? it's really quite pathetic. and yes, it is!

are there not definitive books like sklansky's TOP???

Nicholasp27 10-18-2005 10:48 AM

basically, the standard abc 2+2 sng strategy is to raise qq+/ak in early levels, limp in for <10% of stack with pocket pairs and play them for set value only

once you have <10bbs, you push or fold; when u get to 7.5bbs, the blinds are 20% of ur stack, so u open up quite a bit...we then use ICM-based decisions based on instinct honed using sngpt (sitngo-analyzer.com) to decide when to push/fold on the bubble

the factors in determining if u should push/fold (in order)

a) blinds
b) stack sizes
c) position
d) villian (calling/pushing range)
e) your cards

beyond that, u can play more poker by loosening up earlier on, or u can work on your resteals and stop-and-gos and other moves when someone enters the pot before u on the bubble, etc to get better roi...but the above is the standard abc guide

if u are serious about sngs, get sngpt from that website...best investment u can make in sngs

bones 10-18-2005 10:49 AM

TOP isn't the definitive book on any particular poker game.

The Sng books that are out there (mcevoy/daugherty and a few others) are pretty bad, especially when it comes to endgame play. This forum IS the definitive resource out there, and there is tons of information to be found here.

Learn to use the search feature.

downtown 10-18-2005 10:59 AM

Sticking around these forums is the best thing you can do for your SNG game. Filter the noise and find the valuable information.

There is no definitive article - you just need experience. The search function here is your friend, too. Use + and - before +words +like +this -re to help with searches.

MegaBet 10-18-2005 11:32 AM

I feel in a helpful mood today [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Read This

citanul 10-18-2005 11:33 AM

if someone could tell me when they find this article or book that would be excellent. i have been looking and looking and cannot find any definitive stuff. i feel like i'm not learning anything until i read the official definitive literature on the subject, so please, help me find it.

c