Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I'm almost broke (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386023)

SNOWBALL138 11-27-2005 05:55 AM

I\'m almost broke

I've been paying most of my living expenses for the last 9 months with poker winnings. After a few shots at higher limits, and then a run of bad beats after I moved back down in limits with a severly diminished bankroll, I have almost nothing left. I suppose I have to work a real job now. This isn't as depressing as I thought it would be, but its still really bad.

I have $255 dollars left in my bankroll, so I'm just withdrawing it. Playing .5/1 sounds about as good as working at McDonalds. I plan on working a job as a petition gatherer for a little while until I have a sparkling new bankroll. So I suppose I'll see you guys again in less than a month.

mittman84 11-27-2005 05:58 AM

Re: I\'m almost broke

bonus whore and play $1/$2 and you will have $1,000 in a week........

GoblinMason (Craig) 11-27-2005 08:32 AM

Get that job at McDonald's...you'll be begging for .5/1.

Seriously, MAN THE [censored] UP and get grinding.

einbert 11-27-2005 08:37 AM

I would rather grind out from $.50/$1.00 then work a job that pays $10/hour or less anyday.

And there is always $25 NLHE, although you are somewhat underrolled for that you could nutpeddle until you get a decent roll for it.

Best of luck to you though, whatever you choose to do.

waffle 11-27-2005 09:58 AM

keep us updated snowball.

[ QUOTE ]

I would rather grind out from $.50/$1.00 then work a job that pays $10/hour or less anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

augie00 11-27-2005 10:02 AM

My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.

-Tommy Angelo

mittman84 11-27-2005 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My bankroll is the amount of money I would spend or lose before I got a job. It is calculated by adding my net worth to whatever I can borrow.

-Tommy Angelo

[/ QUOTE ] lmfao, that is a great quote

11-27-2005 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Tommy Angelo

[/ QUOTE ] lmfao, that is a great quote

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my goals is to never have to work for someone ever again. I'm in the National Guard, which gives me an income once a month, plus GI Bill while in college. And also, I'll be a cop this coming summer (my dream job since I was born), but other than that...I never want to work a regular 9-5 job. Screw that! I want to create my own money!

DeadMoneyOC 11-27-2005 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have $255 dollars left in my bankroll, so I'm just withdrawing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bad idea. 10-20 is a much better idea!

Tilt 11-27-2005 10:35 PM

This bad streak is unlikely to impress that lady friend you have been working on. So you can probably add $100 of Sklansky's money to your bankroll soon.