Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Changing to full limit ring (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353529)

pyroponic 10-08-2005 10:34 PM

Changing to full limit ring

$10/20 6-max player, usually 3-table. Because of the Party thing I am considering playing 3-4 tables of $20/40 to start out with a $20,000 bankroll. Good idea? Any pointers/advice you could give me?

Thanks
John

Subfallen 10-09-2005 01:21 AM

Re: Changing to full limit ring

I don't see what's motivating your change. Elaborate and maybe we can help you better.

$20k is not enough to play 20/40 though unless your bankroll is easily replenishible or you have good reason to believe that you will immediately be a significant winner in that game.

kurosh 10-09-2005 01:22 AM

500BB is more than enough.

Victor 10-09-2005 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any pointers/advice you could give me?

[/ QUOTE ]

steal blinds more and play more pocket pairs.

pyroponic 10-09-2005 01:32 AM

So is a winner at $10/20 6-max not good enough to be a winner at $20/40 full? My only concern is that now with the increased $3 rake, perhaps it might me more +EV to switch back to mid-high stakes full on Party. I really want to hear your guys' thoughts on this.

pyroponic 10-09-2005 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$10/20 6-max? What are you upcoming plans...BTW you never told me if you were a pro or not.

Victor 10-09-2005 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$10/20 6-max? What are you upcoming plans...BTW you never told me if you were a pro or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i never considered myself a pro. i always felt.....retired....

anyway, im gonna keep gambling. i think its an addiction. it should take while to blow this roll.

pyroponic 10-09-2005 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

i never considered myself a pro. i always felt.....retired....

anyway, im gonna keep gambling. i think its an addiction. it should take while to blow this roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGgy players lose in the long run =)

Subfallen 10-09-2005 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is a winner at $10/20 6-max not good enough to be a winner at $20/40 full? My only concern is that now with the increased $3 rake, perhaps it might me more +EV to switch back to mid-high stakes full on Party. I really want to hear your guys' thoughts on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you have more data on exactly what kind of winner you are at 10/20 you should provide it...IMO if you had been beating the 10 game for any amount of time your roll should be much bigger than 20k...say you start the 20 with a 150BB downswing, that's 1/3 of your bankroll gone minus a lot of confidence.

pyroponic 10-09-2005 02:17 AM

True...well i'm not a huge winner but i've been beating it for just a little under 1 BB/100. I just moved up from $5/10 6-max to $10/20 6-max last month so i'm still adjusting to the game, but i'm starting to get used to the increased aggression. I basically doubled my roll from $10,000 since last month, but unfortunately a decent amount of that was from rakeback. I wish I woulda moved up sooner so I coulda rode the wave while it lasted...but honestly I don't think i'm in too much trouble.