Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How far should I go with this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403838)

Blunderfull1 12-23-2005 01:43 AM

How far should I go with this?

BB just sat down so no read. CO is 75/9/.3 so Im not too concerned about him. Seen him call down with much worse and wanted to punish him on the turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

River: (16.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Hero...

Final Pot: 19.75 BB

DCWildcat 12-23-2005 01:46 AM

Re: How far should I go with this?

Raises? You've got the 2nd nuts

Edit: I'm capping
Double edit: I'm not raising preflop

Blunderfull1 12-23-2005 01:50 AM

With no read, I was thinking I should be concerned, but I guess Im wrong. I cappped the turn and he didnt seem to care.

gharp 12-23-2005 01:51 AM

I don't get the preflop raise.

And I'd probably put in one more raise on the river. It's not hard to imagine BB having a set or two pair that he's overexcited about here.

danzasmack 12-23-2005 01:53 AM

Yes I raise the river. Also don't raise pf.

Blunderfull1 12-23-2005 01:55 AM

At the time, I was thinking I wanted to isolate get it HU, but I probably dont have enough showdown value with jack high.

Walrus 12-23-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raises? You've got the 2nd nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

You've capped the turn, and villain still leads into you on the river. He either doesn't give you credit for a flush, or he knows you've got a flush, and doesn't care, because he has the nut flush.

Axs seems very plauisible to me here. No, I'm not narrowing his hand range to just that, but when he 3 bets me on the river, I have to give it credence. I guess I don't mind the river raise, but I can't see capping it.

imported_leader 12-23-2005 02:08 AM

Raise. I'm not capping though.

Knoler 12-23-2005 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At the time, I was thinking I wanted to isolate get it HU, but I unfortunately dont have any showdown value with jack high.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

Another reason this isn't good is that you're isolating a loose player (you didn't mention his post flop tendencies, but I'll extrapolate based on 70% VPIP) with a multiway hand. This is the kind of guy who (as demonstrated above) loves to call call call, so it's going to be hard to push him out of the pot.

Nice play on the turn. And I raise the river.
-Brian

jba 12-23-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise. I'm not capping though.

[/ QUOTE ]

with utg in there one more raise is a no-brainer IMO

way more combos of sets/two pr/worse flush than nut flushes