Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Josh. (formerly sthief09) has been banned... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=370529)

Victor 11-02-2005 05:24 PM

Re: Josh. (formerly sthief09) has been banned...

wtf happened??????

i cant even search for his name. none of them show up.

ClaytonN 11-02-2005 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide 11-02-2005 05:24 PM

a mod should strive to enforce the will of the people as much as is possible while conforming to the regulations of the forum's operators. i think it's fine to yap about it if a singular incident was the cause. if it was absolutely heinous, ok, but generally speaking bans should be reserved for those who are perceived to be hopeless.

it's hard to believe that he would do something unforgivable, and it's also hard to believe that he would be unable to listen to reason if it was a non-lethal offense.

B Dids 11-02-2005 05:24 PM

Apparently he started a thread that ragged on some guy who was on the WSOP last night. That's as much as I know and I didn't see the thread.

El Ishmael 11-02-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or people who have consistantly been humorless could start being less so.

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer 11-02-2005 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
say what happened

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hearsay, but I've heard it's more trivial than his prior bannings, which were circumventing the profanity filter.

fnord_too 11-02-2005 05:25 PM

WOW. I thought your free Josh in the other thread was a clever reference to when Sthief was banned. WTF?

astroglide 11-02-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's hearsay, but I've heard it's more trivial than his prior bannings, which were circumventing the profanity filter.

[/ QUOTE ]

intentionally circumventing the profanity filter is a really juvenile act, and i think it does warrant temp banning followed by perm banning for constant offenders

B Dids 11-02-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a mod should strive to enforce the will of the people as much as is possible while conforming to the regulations of the forum's operators. i think it's fine to yap about it if a singular incident was the cause. if it was absolutely heinous, ok, but generally speaking bans should be reserved for those who are generally perceived to be hopeless.

i didn't know he was banned, and i don't know why he was banned, but it's hard to believe he did something so bad to get instantly excommunicated. i would think if it was a 'hey man you clearly shouldn't be doing that' sort of thing, he would listen to reason and not do it any more.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that Mat's approach, and it might be Dynasty's as well, as been to use the ban as a warning. I'm hoping that's the case here, but based on what I've been told about the situation, it seems like ever banning anybody like Josh because of something he said in the WPT forum is pointless.

The WPT forum is as big an embrassament to this forum as anything, and the vast majority of the posters there offer nothing meaningful to the forums. The fact that somebody like Vince Lepore trolled that forum for months and somebody like Josh gets dropped this quick is really [censored] goofy.

ThaSaltCracka 11-02-2005 05:28 PM

possible 3 strikes and your out rule?

I have no clue what happened, and no one is explaining anything.