Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL on Turkey day (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384326)

NoChance 11-23-2005 11:02 PM

NFL on Turkey day

I miss Barry Sanders. I used to love watching games on Turkey day because Detroit always played and that meant Barry Sanders was on. Now there nothing to get excited about. For the past 7 years or so it's just been a rotten Detroit team on display for all to watch.

Dallas was also decent because they were a dynasty for a while. I didn't like them back then but at least there was reason to watch. I rooted against them every year. At least this year's Dallas game *should* be a good one but in recent years, I can't make the same claim.

I miss watching Barry Sanders!

Dynasty 11-24-2005 12:01 AM

Re: NFL on Turkey day

The Dallas and Detroit on Thanksgiving tradition is a bad one.

11-24-2005 12:34 AM

So Dallas and Detroit are playing Thursday? If so that is the Cowboys 3rd game in like 11 eleven days, because of the Monday nighter.

miajag81 11-24-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. They need to start rotating it.

MarkL444 11-24-2005 02:37 AM

is playing on thanksiving an advantage? the way i look at it, today teams will meet on the same amount of rest from their last game, then next sunday they will play teams that have only had one week of rest/preperation when theyve had 10 days. cant hurt, right?

young nut 11-24-2005 06:58 AM

Detroit is playing Atlanta this year on T-day. Not sure why they stopped doing the Dallas-Detroit game, but I agree it has become boring.

trevorwc 11-24-2005 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why they stopped doing the Dallas-Detroit game

[/ QUOTE ]

They never did a Dallas / Detroit game. The tradition is that both teams have home games on Turkey Day. And it's a crappy tradition - rotate it.

Triumph36 11-24-2005 10:48 AM

The games haven't been that good in recent years, but rotating the games isn't exactly a great idea either - I'd rather get stuck watching a bad tradition rather than a flat-out bad game, and if you look at MNF and Sunday Night Football in recent weeks, it's clear that the NFL TV schedule-makers have an impossible job finding meaningful games months in advance.

This year it looks like they've got two games worth watching.

tech 11-24-2005 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Clarkmeister 11-24-2005 01:33 PM

They tried to change it during the last CBA IIRC. But no other teams *wanted* to be forced to play and both Dallas and Detroit wanted to keep the games, so here we are.