Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stripsqueez this one is for you (no content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=189242)

Schneids 02-03-2005 12:14 PM

Stripsqueez this one is for you (no content)

Two nights ago I was playing in a 3-handed limit hold em home game, when this hand came up. We play without a cap:

I raise 9d7d from the button. 2+2er Fudgenut calls from SB, and BB calls.

Flop: Td9s2d.

Fudgenut bets, BB raises, I 3-bet, Fudgenut 4-bets, BB 5-bets, I 6-bet, Fudgenut calls, BB 7-bets, I 8-bet, Fudgenut 9-bets, BB 10-bets, I call, Fudgenut calls.

I know you and me both have said if we flop pair + flush draw we can't stop betting/raising... Sorry... I can't do it. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] What really scared me was Fudgenut's call of the 6-bet then raising it to 9-bets. In addition to that being really, really cool, it kinda made me wonder if he had a higher flush draw.

stripsqueez 02-03-2005 08:56 PM

Re: Stripsqueez this one is for you (no content)

weak

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

NLSoldier 02-03-2005 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weak

[/ QUOTE ]

Trix 02-03-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fudgenut bets, BB raises, I 3-bet, Fudgenut 4-bets, BB 5-bets, I 6-bet, Fudgenut calls, BB 7-bets, I 8-bet, Fudgenut 9-bets, BB 10-bets, I call ,

[/ QUOTE ]

You arenīt going to get a free card like that..

imported_stealthcow 02-03-2005 09:09 PM

are you guys playing 3 card brag style where you need it to be headsup to stop?

stealthcow-

Schneids 02-03-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weak

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn [td9s2d]8c; fudgenut checks bb bets i call fudgenut calls.

River [td9s2d8c]8d; fugdgenut checks bb bets i call, fudgenut raises bb folds (t5o) i call.

fudgenut wins with ad5d

stripsqueez 02-03-2005 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn [td9s2d]8c; fudgenut checks bb bets i call fudgenut calls.

River [td9s2d8c]8d; fugdgenut checks bb bets i call, fudgenut raises bb folds (t5o) i call.

fudgenut wins with ad5d

[/ QUOTE ]

result merchant

Gazza 02-03-2005 11:52 PM

It must have been 100-200

chio 02-04-2005 12:13 AM

content

i don't know if you were fooling around, but i think your 6bet is very debatable, and your 8bet is def bad. i think you got carried away by thinking that you must have more than 33% equity on the flop. but you must re-adjust with all that raising, b/c you certainly don't have 14 outs.

this reminds of the no limit situation where it's terrible to go all-in with a pair + flush draw against multiple opponents who are showing a lot of strength. because it's likely that both a better hand (i.e. set) and a better draw are out there, making your hand virtually dead in the water

Schneids 02-04-2005 12:23 AM

Re: content

I agree with this idea in general but in my defense our avg pot was def. in the 13-15BB range so it wasn't uncommon for many bets to be going in on all streets with some unstellar hands.