Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Small PP with Overcards (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401598)

12-19-2005 08:27 PM

Small PP with Overcards

No reads on either player, BB seems to be slightly loose.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.
Button is All-In

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: (3 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

River: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 4 BB

12-19-2005 08:32 PM

Re: Small PP with Overcards

I play this the same now that you have played like this.

I 3-bet PF to get all in with the button with the BB giving you a nice overlay.

If BB calls, I continuation bet this flop, and fold against any aggression. If he calls this flop though I check/fold the turn.

True

12-19-2005 08:33 PM

I would have 3bet preflop to reduce likelihood of BB calling. You could have bet-folded the turn. As played, you have to fold where you did.

12-19-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If BB calls, I continuation bet this flop, and fold against any aggression. If he calls this flop though I check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I like a 3bet and then pray for low cards.

12-19-2005 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even need to pray for low cards, a continuation bet will win a lot of A-x-x flops

12-19-2005 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't even need to pray for low cards, a continuation bet will win a lot of A-x-x flops

[/ QUOTE ]

The intention of the 3bet is to get it heads up v the all in OR to make it an easy fold to a bet for BB. The 'low card' thing was assuming BB folded to the 3bet.

bhudson 12-19-2005 08:56 PM

If the BB calls the 3-bet, without any reads on the BB, a cont bet then check fold sounds reasonable. It's not a flop I'd want to continue betting with this hand.

imported_leader 12-19-2005 11:07 PM

Seems like an easy PF 3-bet with the all in guy