Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   AA (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389449)

sfer 12-01-2005 08:09 PM

AA

40/80 at the Borgata. MP, a young woman I've played a fair amount with openraises in the CO. This game is much bigger than her normal game (10/20) so she is either staked, newly rich, or found a sugar daddy. She a little too passive and too loose, nothing out of the ordinary. Button coldcalls, SB folds, I squeeze red AA in the BB and 3-bet, she 4-bets, Button calls, I call.

3 players, 12.5 SBs. Flop is Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet, she raises, button folds, I 3-bet, she 4-bets, I 5-bet, she calls.

HU for 11.25 BBs. Turn is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, she calls.

River is the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I bet, she raises, I fold.

Boris 12-01-2005 08:11 PM

Re: AA

Looks like a fold to me. I would check call the river though.

krishanleong 12-01-2005 08:26 PM

4-bet cap or 5? why not 5-bet preflop and could that have impacted her play?

What is her 4-bet range? Your description makes me think AK,JJ+.

I can only assume you are putting her squarely on KK on the river. Pot is pretty big. Could it be the other AA? Could she have KQs?(I don't think so).

I think the river fold is okay.

Krishan

DeathDonkey 12-01-2005 08:46 PM

Generally I think "metagame considerations" are overrated, but in this case I think they are an important factor in this river decision. For that reason I think you should check/call the river. When she 4 bets preflop and 5 bets the flop, AK is looking really unlikely. Check/fold might be the "perfect play" but with the huge pot and the metagame I already mentioned I think paying one bet to see her cards is the best compromise.

-DeathDonkey

Robb 12-01-2005 08:52 PM

It seems like you needed her raise on the river to tell you you were beat. Isn't it obvious? the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is the worst card for you. When she just calls the turn she has exactly AA, KK, or 10-10 what....95-99% of the time?

IF you are going to bet-fold you are better off check-calling because the only hand she checks behind is the other AA but there may be a sliver of a chance she raises with it since if you check there that always signals "I think I'm beat but I'm calling". Or a sliver of a chance she has 95o.

I contemplated check-fold in theory (though I'm not strong enough to lay down AA hu at the table)....but I don't think you can check-fold here because a river check may confuse her into thinking you had AQ and she may then value bet AA.

Entity 12-01-2005 09:44 PM

Is there any value in a river bet?

BigEndian 12-01-2005 10:05 PM

The river is either C/C or C/F imo.

- Jim

shemp 12-01-2005 10:31 PM

What range of hands did you put her on before you bet the river? I mean, it looks like she has AA or KK to me...

sfer 12-02-2005 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

4-bet cap or 5? why not 5-bet preflop and could that have impacted her play?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 bet cap, no cap HU.

bernie 12-02-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She a little too passive and too loose, nothing out of the ordinary.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you putting her on when she 4 bets this flop after she 4 bets preflop that you think a river bet is the move? She's not putting you on a flush. I don't think she'd do this with JJ. She certainly didn't just go that far with the other AA to fold for 1 bet on the river.

b