Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Hand... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398924)

krishanleong 12-15-2005 11:05 AM

Hand...

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

I was going to raise the turn. Villian is 34/19. Like it?

Krishan

Spicymoose 12-15-2005 11:07 AM

Re: Hand...

Isn't SB agro enough to be pulling a semi-bluf?

Danenania 12-15-2005 11:36 AM

His line looks fishy. What Kx hand is he cold calling with PF then check/3-betting flop? Even 55 would normally 3-bet pf I'd think. That leaves 44, Kxc, and perhaps KJo though it's questionable that he'd call KJo pf instead of 3-betting and equally questionable that he'd check/3-bet flop with it. Besides those there are flush draws. I count 13 different unpaired flush draw combos he could very conceivably hold: A8-A6, A3-A2, QJ-Q9, JT-J9, T9-T8, 98.

So on the turn if my earlier assumptions are right then you're just about even money, even without discounting KJo at all. Even if you add in 55 and KT and take out a couple of the flush draw combos you're still getting odds to call down. So I think folding is a pretty bad mistake. You could consider raising/folding to 3-bet but only if he won't bluff missed draws on river, and most opponents will. You can also fold to a river club.

12-15-2005 11:43 AM

Use a new converter. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
It's not a 6 max game, and the number of players on the flop and turn is wrong.

I don't like the fold. I call down here getting over 4:1 effective pot odds on my turn and river calls. Are you probably beat? Yes. Is there at least a 20% chance he has clubs (especially 76c, 87c), 54s, a pocket pair, or just went nuts? Yes.

Edit: You only need about a 15% chance of being good on the turn because 4% of the time you spike an ace on the river and punish him. This makes it even more of a call.

Wynton 12-15-2005 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tston did it in this hand

I know, not the same thing.

Spicymoose 12-15-2005 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tston did it in this hand

I know, not the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. In my original post I said something along the lines of "TStone did it in his recent thread, and a lot of 2+2 seemed to agree with it." Then i realized that there were a few differences, so I deleted that part. I still think they are somewhat similar though.

krishanleong 12-15-2005 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he definitely will semi-bluff some flush draws. But if you read the hand, I don't think this is a particularly favorable spot to try and push a preflop raiser out.

Krishan

Spicymoose 12-15-2005 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he definitely will semi-bluff some flush draws. But if you read the hand, I don't think this is a particularly favorable spot to try and push a preflop raiser out.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he thinks that the PRF is autoraising with a lot of unpaired hands here. He could be trying to push out the flop bettor. He also simply might not be thinking all that much. I think there are too many possibilities to be folding this flop. All you said was "Villian is 34/19", you didn't say whether he was slightly loose preflop, yet solid postflop, so in my experience, he could be quite a bit overLAGGY. If he is a known solid player, despite his slight looseness preflop, I think this becomes much closer.

Victor 12-15-2005 12:43 PM

dude you got aces. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

danzasmack 12-15-2005 12:56 PM

I think the flop call needs some discussion. How often do you not cap here?

When I get c/r'd like the SB did here I almost always cap for information. That play has been a flush/straight draw just as often as it has been a set and I'm much more comfortable making this fold if i cap the flop.

That being said, I may be biased because I have seen the turn card - but I'm 99% sure i cap the flop here.