Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Biggest pot you've ever made a bad fold in? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406257)

UATrewqaz 12-28-2005 12:23 AM

Biggest pot you\'ve ever made a bad fold in?

I just mucked the best hand in a 14 BB pot, which was pretty gross. Some 51/41 maniac blew me out of the pot (I had top pair, mediocre kicker) It was my first orbit so I didn't know he was a loon until later. I assumed he had an overpair and there was a caller so I figured I couldn't beat him AND a caller.

What's the worst fold you ever made? if you recall the pot size, pot the hand history if you got it

milesdyson 12-28-2005 12:26 AM

Re: Biggest pot you\'ve ever made a bad fold in?

im almost positive my worst plays have not been "bad folds."

David04 12-28-2005 12:49 AM

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, UTG calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 7d 8d (one pair, sevens).
Button has Th 4h (one pair, fours).
Outcome: UTG wins 10.25 BB. </font>

I didn't think there was any way I bet a river bet + a call.

12-28-2005 02:51 AM

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

I was on tilt at the time...I thought he HAD to have a Q to raise on the river after calling all the way. A few seconds after I made the fold, I realized that, in addition to a Q, he might have played AK the same way. And that is in fact what he flipped over to show.

marchron 12-28-2005 03:00 AM

Before I decided to adhere to the wisdom of 2+2, I once held A/9 and got caught in a raising war between two other players when an ace spiked on the flop. I was too stupid to realize I had TOP FREAKIN' PAIR and mucked, figuring I had to be outkicked.

The winner showed K/Q for ace-king-queen high. Not only did that loss cost me about a 15 BB pot or so (I was playing $1/$2 because I thought "players would respect my raises"), it had to have cost me at least $100 more in tilt.

12-28-2005 07:05 PM

Yesterday I folded pocket 9s in a 14BB pot. There was three of one suit, an ace, a king, and a jack on the board. There were two people left in the pot (not including me) who were betting and raising, so I folded. None of them had a thing. I would have won.

kiemo 12-28-2005 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yesterday I folded pocket 9s in a 14BB pot. There was three of one suit, an ace, a king, and a jack on the board. There were two people left in the pot (not including me) who were betting and raising, so I folded. None of them had a thing. I would have won.

[/ QUOTE ]

Other day I had 72o on the button on a tight table and it was capped before it got to me, I folded and the flop was 222. DID I FEEL STUPID!

I think the topic involves making a BAD fold, not I folded a winning hand.

12-28-2005 08:41 PM

I folded AKd with a JT2d flop when Qd came on the river. I was afraid someone had spiked their Q2 and made 2 pair.

hemstock 12-28-2005 09:50 PM

BB was trying to get on my nerves. These hands can send me tilting.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds, MP calls.

River: (9.75 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Kh Th (two pair, tens and fours).
MP has 9h 9d (two pair, nines and fours).
Outcome: BB wins 9.75 BB. </font>

UATrewqaz 12-28-2005 09:51 PM

Let me refinet he question, obviously ditching 73o and the flop coming 333 is not a bad fold

I was thinking more alogn the lines of dropping the best hand on the river (or a really good draw on the flop/turn)