Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Buying a used cell phone on eBay (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=230329)

bdk3clash 04-11-2005 04:01 PM

Buying a used cell phone on eBay

My cell phone is about 3 years old and I'm thinking of buying a new one. I have a Sprint PCS phone/plan and I'm not interested in switching carriers.

Has anyone out there bought a used cell phone on eBay? It seems like a much better bargain than buying a brand new one without any rebates for being a new signup. There seem to be fairly reputable sellers than specialize in reselling cell phones, and I think Sprint can accomodate the switch fairly easily.

IndieMatty 04-11-2005 04:35 PM

Re: Buying a used cell phone on eBay

I don't care what you said. Get Verizon.

bdk3clash 04-11-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty much not interested in switching carriers, but if you want to make a case for me switching to Verizon feel free. I like Sprint.

SpearsBritney 04-11-2005 04:47 PM

get a new phone damn it

ttleistdci 04-11-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty much not interested in switching carriers, but if you want to make a case for me switching to Verizon feel free. I like Sprint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're with Sprint, you're probably familiar with having to look down at your phone to make sure you're getting enough signal before you make a call.
I can't remember the last time I've had to do that with Verizon. I know I'll have service pretty much wherever I go.

mmbt0ne 04-11-2005 05:07 PM

Do it. It's really easy, and you're right about it being a lot cheaper. Also, Sprint, or any other carrier has to do dick about accomodating it. All you do is take the SIM card out of you phone, and put it in the new phone. Voila, now the new phone works on your old network with your same number.

Make sure the phone you buy is either a Sprint phone, or is unlocked (meaning you can use it on any network). Unlocked phones are nice because you can use it between carriers, plus you can feel special that 99.5% of people with Sprint don't have your phone.

stabn 04-11-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering you're with Sprint, you're probably familiar with having to look down at your phone to make sure you're getting enough signal before you make a call.
I can't remember the last time I've had to do that with Verizon. I know I'll have service pretty much wherever I go.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is happy with sprint this probably isn't the case.

bdk -

Most of them will give you a discount or rebate if you up your contract when getting a new phone from them. In fact, you can usually get a new shitty phone for a new one or two year contract, or 1-150 off of a decent phone.

MtnDave 04-11-2005 05:36 PM

How can you tell if a cellphone is unlocked? I have a Nokia 3650 that I want to sell. I was using ATT Wireless on it as I traveled a lot to Europe. Now that I have stopped traveling, I got a smaller phone.
Thanks

mmbt0ne 04-11-2005 05:39 PM

Usually it will say in the auction. If it isn't you can google for whatever cellphone model you have +unlock +code and you should be able to find instructions on how to do it pretty easily.

peachy 04-12-2005 12:24 AM

i use cingular...have for 7 years or more...ill never switch!! U should use them!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]