Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Should I have hit the raise button? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403810)

12-23-2005 01:03 AM

Should I have hit the raise button?

first hand at the table

I thought about raising prelop, flop, and the turn. I don't know if I like villian getting chances to draw out on my small pp.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(5 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.00 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.00 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7.00 BB.

Vote4Pedro 12-23-2005 01:05 AM

Re: Should I have hit the raise button?

I usually 3bet PF...

I like the way the rest of the hand was played

moose47 12-23-2005 01:19 AM

I like the way you played it.

johnc 12-23-2005 01:30 AM

Raise or fold the flop. Calling does really nothing but prove your ability to "just call" (weak in this case,and bad for your table image) and doesn't force him to define his hand at all. Push your sixes hard until he pushes back, otherwise fold and see the next hand.

DCWildcat 12-23-2005 02:39 AM

Unless you're planning on raising most flops, you really must 3-bet this preflop. It changes the texture of the whole hand.

JohnC, you're gettin a little deeper than necessary there. This is 1/2...no one gives a rat's ass about table image at this limit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-23-2005 03:18 AM

this seems pretty bad to me. you have to either 3bet it preflop or show aggression on the flop by raising. outside of a higher PP you are ahead of just about any hand he could have here, but you are incredibly vulnerable to any overcard above 9 so you have to push back to give yourself the best chance of winning the pot.

i dont understand why people are saying this is good, it would be good if it was WA/WB, but you are almost NEVER well ahead here to justify calling along.

Aaron W. 12-23-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
first hand at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good reason to 3-bet preflop instead of calling with the intent of auto-raising the flop. I like to come out swinging and look like a nutty hyper-LAG early in a session (if the cards permit). Players (at least those who pay attention) make quick judgments of your style and tend not to change that read.

12-23-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

i dont understand why people are saying this is good, it would be good if it was WA/WB, but you are almost NEVER well ahead here to justify calling along.

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm almost positive 66 has an equity edge over any to overcards.

Aaron W. 12-23-2005 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i'm almost positive 66 has an equity edge over any to overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Having an equity edge and being "Way ahead" are different. The arbitrary cutoff for "way ahead" is villain having 5 outs or less (very often, it's really only 2-3 outs - or 5 outs but you have hidden outs if he draws to two pair).

12-23-2005 03:44 AM

oh, it has a huge equity edge. i never suggested you should fold