Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Two pair vs PFR (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322836)

Cosimo 08-25-2005 05:34 PM

Two pair vs PFR

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

I'm tending to think raising KQo early is not a good play, but I've been doing it lately.

SB is maybe sLP-N; I think he's normally passive but he's been running well lately and has been pumping up his aggression. MP1 is sLP-P, generally calling any number of bets if he's going to call at all. CO is very loose, very passive, and not very bright.

Flop: (13 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero ...

Decision one. Cap it? I didn't think about it at the time, but CO would probably come along for two more if he had any piece of this, even a 2-gap backdoor straight draw. I think it's probable that capping the flop would slow SB down if I had him beat, but if he did indead hit then he'd call down. Now that MP1 is gone, I think both of these guys are here to the showdown. To be honest, I was wary of KK or QQ here, so:

Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ...

Decision two. Raise? Cap if he 3-bets? Call down?

davelin 08-25-2005 05:35 PM

Re: Two pair vs PFR

[ QUOTE ]
I'm tending to think raising KQo early is not a good play, but I've been doing it lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

davelin 08-25-2005 05:36 PM

Cap flop, raise turn.

eniven 08-25-2005 05:52 PM

Hmm... I don't know if I like that much aggression. I think I'd cap the flop and if he still bets into you on the turn I'd call down.

baronzeus 08-25-2005 06:02 PM

cap flop, raise turn, call down if 3bet

nomadtla 08-25-2005 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm... I don't know if I like that much aggression. I think I'd cap the flop and if he still bets into you on the turn I'd call down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why I could see villan play AA, AK this way a lot I think cap flop, raise turn call down if 3 bet

numeri 08-25-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking this as well until I thought about the number of hands villain could be playing. If we just consider AK and AA-QQ, there are specifically only 6 hands that beat us out of 24. I need more than a turn bet to tell me it's one of those 6.

(After the flop, villain could have AK 12 ways, AA 6 ways, and KK/QQ 3 ways each.)

MrWookie47 08-25-2005 06:17 PM

I don't know about you, but I count KK and QQ as one way each.

closer2313 08-25-2005 06:20 PM

AA 6 ways
KK - 1 Way
QQ - 1 Way
AK - 8 ways

so you are head 7/8 and behind 1/8, I believe.

Saint_D 08-25-2005 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like raising KQo from EP for a lot of reasons. If I get a re-raise I want some reads on the raiser. Table texture is pretty important too. A party .5/1 table will almost always let you get HU with this raise. If you don't think you can get away with it at your table, adjust.

I would be very interested to hear what you think of the table texture where you are playing.

I am with Davelin here. If you don't like it, why do you do it? Cool-aid?

-D