Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Need advice on this SNG situation (Daliman? :p) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=293293)

Lucy Alexis Liu 07-15-2005 06:26 AM

Need advice on this SNG situation (Daliman? :p)

In situations where there are 4 players left, everyone has folded to me in the SB, and I want to steal - with 700 left and blinds 50/100, is it wrong to move all-in or should I raise to say 300 instead? BB has 1000 (I'm thinking about the rule of thumb that if one's bet is about 40% of one's stack - then it's better to just move all-in.)

Jman28 07-15-2005 06:29 AM

Re: Need advice on this SNG situation (Daliman? :p)

You should move all in or fold. This decision depends on your hand, the other stack sizes, and your knowledge of the other players... most importantly, what the BB will call you with.

unreal_nh 07-15-2005 06:45 AM

sounds kinda ridiculous but its worked for me many times... raise a third or half your stack and if he calls just push the flop. i mean, raising just a 1/3 or 1/2 your stack makes it look like your begging for a call so he might be more inclined to toss it.. but yes most importantly it all depends on the entire situation at the table (stack sizes/calling req's/image/etc)

Phill S 07-15-2005 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sounds kinda ridiculous but its worked for me many times... raise a third or half your stack and if he calls just push the flop. i mean, raising just a 1/3 or 1/2 your stack makes it look like your begging for a call so he might be more inclined to toss it.. but yes most importantly it all depends on the entire situation at the table (stack sizes/calling req's/image/etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is overthinking your steals for the low buy in games.

For the higher buy ins, this might be more appropriate, or not, i dunno.

Phill

unreal_nh 07-15-2005 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is overthinking your steals for the low buy in games.

For the higher buy ins, this might be more appropriate, or not, i dunno.

Phill

[/ QUOTE ]

could be, all i can say is that it has worked (at the 22's). i mean of course i wont attempt it if i know for sure that it wont. it also works often doing it from early position.

johnnybeef 07-15-2005 07:27 AM

Why the hell would you ask Dali? He's the biggest joke on this forum. To answer your question: Yes, anytime you want to steal with less than 10 bb it is correct to push. This is due to the fact that if you make a raise of 3xbb and are reraised all in, you will be getting 2:1 on your call, which, is an automatic call with any two.

skipperbob 07-15-2005 08:08 AM

Asking Daliman for poker advice is like:

1.)asking Irieguy for sympathy;
2.)asking Slacker for comedic input
3.)asking Beef for $$$$
4.)asking Gigabet for a straight answer
5.)asking Citanul anything
6.)asking Yugo how to score w/women
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

durron597 07-15-2005 09:12 AM

I would have posted a useful reply (ok, well, more useful than this one), but I'm not Daliman.

Lucy Alexis Liu 07-15-2005 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have posted a useful reply (ok, well, more useful than this one), but I'm not Daliman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well too late to change the title of the post now

octaveshift 07-15-2005 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

6.)asking Yugo how to score w/women

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. Please please PLEASE change your avatar. It's so ghey.

It's bad enough when coworkers catch me on the forum. It's another when they see your avatar on the screen.

People are beginning to talk.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]