Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New version of Party Beta? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396887)

Vlorg 12-12-2005 03:11 PM

New version of Party Beta?

I went to download PartyBeta today and couldn't find the link right away to get it so I went straight to the main site and clicked the standard download button taking me here . Only there was a Beta download button just below the regular download area. I clicked the link and it took me to a Beta download page far different than this one (I since found that link posted here in another thread).

A few differences. On the page itself it listed all the features with one being that the Beta is capable of 12 tabling rather than the normal 10 although I can only get 10 to open still. The download is different ( called PartyPokerSetupBeta). It installed itself in my normal party directory and overwrote my old intstallation as well.

Once I realized I downloaded from a different location I went back to the site to reread what the features were and now on the download page there is no beta download ! I refreshed my cache but to no avail. It was there one hour and gone the next.

FYI, my party client says it is version 1.2, build 89, build date Dec 8, 2005.

Vlorg

jason_t 12-12-2005 03:22 PM

Re: New version of Party Beta?

Is PokerAce working with the beta?

PokerAce 12-12-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a beta version that can be found via my forums that supports the resizing windows.

12-12-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went back to the site to reread what the features were and now on the download page there is no beta download ! I refreshed my cache but to no avail. It was there one hour and gone the next.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, they've removed the link but if you view the source of the page the link is still there :

http://www.partypoker.com/download/beta_download.htm

This version is Dec 8th whereas the other beta was Nov 23

Vlorg 12-12-2005 11:13 PM

Interesting. I swear earlier today there were 4 tabs detailing the features and one of them was about playing 12 tables as opposed to the former 10. It seems that feature didn't make it this update but I'm guessing will be coming soon.

Vlorg

Terry 12-12-2005 11:58 PM

I'm downloading the beta from that link right now.

Edit: And it worked.

lighterjobs 12-13-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a beta version that can be found via my forums that supports the resizing windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

link to the forums?

lighterjobs 12-13-2005 01:03 AM

here's something funny about the beta version.

on my old version of party i deleted all the blackjack and sidebet images from my client so i wouldn't be tempted, and i just deleted them from the beta version and when i tried to open a table a popup said it can't open the table because it doesn't have all the required images.

i might have just screwed something else up to get it to not load, but i doubt it.

PokerAce 12-13-2005 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link to the forums?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since PokerAce Hud is a commercial application now, I cannot link to my site directly. However, if you follow the link in my profile, you can find my forums easily.

12-13-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
here's something funny about the beta version.

on my old version of party i deleted all the blackjack and sidebet images from my client so i wouldn't be tempted, and i just deleted them from the beta version and when i tried to open a table a popup said it can't open the table because it doesn't have all the required images.

i might have just screwed something else up to get it to not load, but i doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the missing buttons. If you find the original beta thread, someone there had resized the buttons to 1 pixel. That will allow you to open the beta and not see the ugly things.

12-13-2005 01:13 AM

BTW this new beta still crashed on me. but it took alot longer

MicroBob 12-13-2005 02:10 AM

I still have the original beta and wasn't having many probs with crashes.
Yesterday i was playing on 1 table at full-size and it crashed 3x.

If there are reports that the new beta is crashing also (even though taking longer) then I think I'll hold off on this one. Crashes suck.

Terry 12-13-2005 02:13 AM

I had the error message after deleting the BJ and sidebet stuff too. I undeleted some of them and got it working ... without the sidebet and BJ icons. Can’t say exactly what I did because I replaced a few, deleted a couple, just experimented a little. It can be done.

The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

oreogod 12-13-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Intresting, I guess until the beta becomes the regular version ppl should just mine while they can.

newhizzle 12-13-2005 04:49 AM

ive stopped using the first bata because of very frequent crashes, i guess the problem is not fixed with this?

Hendricks433 12-13-2005 05:39 AM

Just resize them with the Paint program

imported_leader 12-13-2005 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive stopped using the first bata because of very frequent crashes, i guess the problem is not fixed with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

They haven't so far. I was just screwing around trying to 9 table .5/1 6m and it crashed. It was rather shocking really. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Timer 12-13-2005 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I still have the original beta and wasn't having many probs with crashes.
Yesterday i was playing on 1 table at full-size and it crashed 3x.

If there are reports that the new beta is crashing also (even though taking longer) then I think I'll hold off on this one. Crashes suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't had any crashes with the beta until yesterday when I tried 10 tabling stud. It crashed for the first time.

phifediggy 12-13-2005 11:59 AM

i have been using the original beta since it came out and it had given me no problems at all 9-tabling until last night, when it crashed without warning 4 times in 5 hours.

Isura 12-13-2005 12:18 PM

Observed hands aren't being read by pokertracker for me. It was fine with the old beta. Anyone else notice this?

12-13-2005 12:47 PM

My pt was acting funny. I couldn't tell if it was importing or not. The message was "timer fired - 3 new files found. 0 hands imported" what the hell does that mean.

Also with the old beta I had an icon for the original PP and an icon for the betaPP. I could switch back and forth between each one if I wanted too. The new beta did some funny stuff to the original PP. It is still under programfiles/party poker, and the beta is still under programfiles/partypokerbeta but the original client is now resizable and the beta is the old beta. That came out kind of confusing but basically the new software did not download to the BETA file but overwrote the originall PP and now I have two beta's and no origianl.

Isura 12-13-2005 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My pt was acting funny. I couldn't tell if it was importing or not. The message was "timer fired - 3 new files found. 0 hands imported" what the hell does that mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same message. Pretty sure that it's not importing any hands.

MyMindIsGoing 12-13-2005 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have been using the original beta since it came out and it had given me no problems at all 9-tabling until last night, when it crashed without warning 4 times in 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason why it is still a "beta".

MyMindIsGoing 12-13-2005 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.

siccjay 12-13-2005 02:01 PM

Ahhhhh I just want the crashes to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MyMindIsGoing 12-13-2005 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apperently you have no idea what a beta is and why they are made [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

siccjay 12-13-2005 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apperently you have no idea what a beta is and why they are made [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because it is still in beta, I can't want it to be fixed?

Terry 12-13-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Observed hands aren't being read by pokertracker for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Notice that when you open tables that the hand #s are not underlined ... sit at a table and the # is underlined and becomes clickable ... wait a few hands for the blinds to come around and click on a hand # ... you see a red X and get the message “Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.”

If you are not dealt into a hand the hand history is not available to PT ... even if you are sitting at the table. PAHud also does not work on observed tables; it only works now for games you are dealt in.

Something I just thought of and haven’t checked out is whether or not you can still get the full hand histories by email.

TheHammer24 12-13-2005 03:18 PM

Errr. One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it...in order to datamine

zram21 12-13-2005 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? Party has a strict rule against programs that scrape the screen and the .hhf files no longer store any relevant data. Without breaking Partys' T&C there is no way to datamine with the new beta version.

WalkAmongUs 12-13-2005 03:27 PM

so if someone downloaded the old beta, which installed into a separate directory and is basically a separate program, could you then avoid downloading the new beta and just open up the old beta whenever you want to datamine?

Or do you think when Party releases the first version of this beta, will it automatically sniff out any betas installed and delete them?

teddyFBI 12-13-2005 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if someone downloaded the old beta, which installed into a separate directory and is basically a separate program, could you then avoid downloading the new beta and just open up the old beta whenever you want to datamine?

Or do you think when Party releases the first version of this beta, will it automatically sniff out any betas installed and delete them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Important Q I also would like the answer to...

Terry 12-13-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually it will move out of beta testing and will become the standard client with a forced "New Version" download.

Let's just say that changes are coming.

Even though it will makes things more difficult for me, I think not showing hand histories for observed games will be good for the games and it is the right thing to do.

MyMindIsGoing 12-13-2005 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? Party has a strict rule against programs that scrape the screen and the .hhf files no longer store any relevant data. Without breaking Partys' T&C there is no way to datamine with the new beta version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think a person who wrote such a program realy cares about the T&C?

zram21 12-13-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about whether they care about it or not. It's about having your account closed for using such an application. Party has shown that they will take steps to close accounts that are using wide spread applications that violate their T&C. People have been warned in the past for other data mining apps such as SimpleMine that violated the T&C.

I can't imagine a large percentage of people are going to want to use a program that runs a high risk of having their accounts closed and possibly having their funds seized.

TheHammer24 12-13-2005 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it

[/ QUOTE ]

Eventually it will move out of beta testing and will become the standard client with a forced "New Version" download.

Let's just say that changes are coming.

Even though it will makes things more difficult for me, I think not showing hand histories for observed games will be good for the games and it is the right thing to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything that hurts my winrate is not good for the game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MyMindIsGoing 12-13-2005 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not about whether they care about it or not. It's about having your account closed for using such an application. Party has shown that they will take steps to close accounts that are using wide spread applications that violate their T&C. People have been warned in the past for other data mining apps such as SimpleMine that violated the T&C.

I can't imagine a large percentage of people are going to want to use a program that runs a high risk of having their accounts closed and possibly having their funds seized.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have no idea how serious mining and using that info is done over the net.

SamIAm 12-13-2005 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to have no idea how serious mining and using that info is done over the net.

[/ QUOTE ]I gotta admit, you seem a little clueless.

I'm currently running 10 copies of the Party client, each with 4 tables open. Note that I'm NOT logged in. Let's say they "catch" me running this fictitious screen-scraper. Which account are they gonna close? This isn't even the machine I play poker on; it's just a dinky box I leave running to collect hands.
-Sam

BradleyT 12-13-2005 10:34 PM

About a minute after I got seated at 9 tables it crashed on me.

Unabridged 12-13-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I gotta admit, you seem a little clueless.

I'm currently running 10 copies of the Party client, each with 4 tables open. Note that I'm NOT logged in. Let's say they "catch" me running this fictitious screen-scraper. Which account are they gonna close? This isn't even the machine I play poker on; it's just a dinky box I leave running to collect hands.
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

but isn't it still the same IP address as you play on? or is there some way to run party through a proxy?