Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Home Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   is my friend cheap? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362102)

10-20-2005 11:39 PM

is my friend cheap?

my friend always makes $$ at his home game. he orders pizza for us every time, but demands that we pay for it. i don't eat the pizza, but he makes me pay my share. do you think i am obligated to paythis $$?

orange 10-20-2005 11:43 PM

Re: is my friend cheap?

[ QUOTE ]
my friend always makes $$ at his home game. he orders pizza for us every time, but demands that we pay for it. i don't eat the pizza, but he makes me pay my share. do you think i am obligated to paythis $$?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just tell him your not eating, and that you won't pay for food you don't eat. Stop playing there if its that big of a problem.

LaneMyer 10-20-2005 11:50 PM

if he's letting you guys use his place to play cards, I think you're getting off pretty cheap...
play for 5 hours, pay 5 bucks to play...that's like a dollar an hour.
beats any rake i've seen.

spicychili 10-21-2005 12:09 AM

Eat more pizza that you can handle. Then log jam his toilet.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry I am on one tonight

tonypaladino 10-21-2005 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

keeping home games friendly is +ev. pay the money

Guernica4000 10-21-2005 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you are the one that is cheap.
By the way how much do you give him for the cards, chips, electricity, set-up time, clean up after the game, etc?

TheBlueMonster 10-21-2005 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is my friend cheap?

[/ QUOTE ]
yup

10-21-2005 11:34 AM

Did you bring your own cards, chips and chair with you? How much is he charging - $5 per person?

I know when I have my home games, its BYOB although I always have some. People eat snacks if I put them out... but regardless what anyone eats, everyone throws a few bucks in a pot after for me. Its always more than what I spend and no one has ever asked anyone else for money.

Of course they might just be compensating me for the fact that I always lose. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-21-2005 03:09 PM

Yup....you need a new friend. Try my friend Mitch( Ditty-O). He won't charge ya.

10-21-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eat more pizza that you can handle. Then log jam his toilet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you put it in the "upper deck."