Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6: SPTK on a monotone flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404810)

imported_leader 12-24-2005 11:48 PM

3/6: SPTK on a monotone flop

Absolutely no read

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. MP posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...

mmbt0ne 12-24-2005 11:54 PM

Re: 3/6: SPTK on a monotone flop

I don't have too much problem with folding the flop against some opponents. Against an unknown I'll call though, and definitely fold the turn.

waffle 12-24-2005 11:57 PM

small pot, i don't have a lot of equity due to monotone flop, i fold. since i'm not happy if i hit some of my 5 outs i prob. fold flop. there is a chance we are folding the best hand but [censored] it, small pot and not worth fighting for

Buckmulligan 12-25-2005 12:31 AM

I'm not putting in any money on the flop with this small pot. Since you did, I would definitely donk bet the turn and fold to a raise.

milesdyson 12-25-2005 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not putting in any money on the flop with this small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
you should definitely be betting this

i think i just lay down to the flop raise since i feel that an opponent raising here either

1. will semibluff the turn and force me to fold unimproved
2. will actually have a better hand to begin with

i think it's becoming less and less popular to take a free card with draws, and i do not want to have to call down w/ this hand.

Buckmulligan 12-25-2005 12:54 AM

Ok Im betting this flop then.

TheDelChop 12-25-2005 02:00 AM

What is so wrong with calling down here once the turn is a non-club? I can't imagine the CO holding an Ace after it gets folded to him in the CO and he neglects to raise.

Luv2DriveTT 12-25-2005 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have too much problem with folding the flop against some opponents. Against an unknown I'll call though, and definitely fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same, except I fold the flop against an unknown anyway. Pot is too small, wait till you know more about your opponent before you commit additional bets.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

yellowjack 12-25-2005 03:15 AM

Donking the turn came to mind, but that seems more appropriate with an A w/ weak kicker.

mmbt0ne 12-25-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is so wrong with calling down here once the turn is a non-club? I can't imagine the CO holding an Ace after it gets folded to him in the CO and he neglects to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't assume these players know anything about strategy.