Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Moneymaker/Raymer (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=252259)

Bigdaddydvo 05-14-2005 04:34 PM

Moneymaker/Raymer

So...how often are they REALLY on the PokerStarz playmoney tables LAGing it up? I'm curious about the truth in advertising...

The T.A. 05-14-2005 04:41 PM

Re: Moneymaker/Raymer

Never.

But then again, they never actually said in the commercials that they played on the Play Money tables. They merely said they played for free, right? And that's partially true, considering PokerStars plays for a lot of their poker expenses.

SheridanCat 05-14-2005 04:43 PM

I had a good laugh at that too today watching the WPT Shooting Stars repeat.

Nice Torgo avatar.

Regards,

T

HelloGoodbye 05-14-2005 08:47 PM

I jumped in a $10 HU match a couple months back, and was surprised to see Money800 as my opponent. Turns out it was his brother. We ended up playing 4 games, and I won 3.

The T.A. 05-14-2005 09:16 PM

Haha.

Now that's a story!

Nottom 05-15-2005 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never.

But then again, they never actually said in the commercials that they played on the Play Money tables. They merely said they played for free, right? And that's partially true, considering PokerStars plays for a lot of their poker expenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they claim to play on pokerstars.net which is only play money tables.

-Skeme- 05-15-2005 09:03 AM

Moneymaker plays 10/20 once in a while.

Publos Nemesis 05-15-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, b/c you can't legally advertise gambling sites in many states. So, you advertise partypoker.net or pokerstars.net which are just the play money sites.

TheTimeIsUp 05-15-2005 01:44 PM

I saw the commercial a few times. I've never seen anyone more excited playing at the play money tables.

slickpoppa 05-15-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Never.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They never technically say that they play on the play money tables. They say that they play on Pokerstars, and then they say that pokerstars.net is a great way to practice.