Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   selling PT databases? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371780)

stoxtrader 11-04-2005 12:36 PM

selling PT databases?

a very good NL player is selling his DB (200k hands) for his hourly rate?

worth it in general, or not?

it actually seems like an ok pricing mechanism since the value of the data is certainly correlated to the skill of the player.

hicherbie 11-04-2005 12:44 PM

Re: selling PT databases?

With notes for stacked hands, I think this is a worthwhile purchase.

11-04-2005 01:28 PM

It's worth it. I know a guy who places at the same place i do wheh he's not off playing magic the gathering or killing the 30 game in Vegas, whose online database i would love to have. It's worth it.

krishanleong 11-04-2005 01:32 PM

Make sure the hhdb is included otherwise you won't be able to replay hands.

Krishan

stoxtrader 11-04-2005 01:42 PM

I'll sell my PT DB to anyone for the huge discount of 50% off my hourly rate, its around 100k hands of limit holdem from like april of this year. Limits 50/100 and higher. I would be pleasantly surpised if anyone is willing to pay the asking price.

fnord_too 11-04-2005 02:03 PM

I don't know what your hourly rate is, but there is a huge factor with the NL database: There is far less discussion of a lot of topics in NL. That is, there are tons of books and lots of free and open discussion about limit. I don't think people ever hold back a lot in limit discussions on these boards for fear of giving away too much. I think this is because the game is well covered in published literature, and the limit aspect means that most decisions result in fraction of a bet EV.

In NL, there just is no good body of reference and plenty of topics that the really successful NL players won't openly discuss because they are not well understood by many and they don't want to give away their valuable insights. (This is not speculation, many have stated it explicitly in posts).

ggbman 11-04-2005 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll sell my PT DB to anyone for the huge discount of 50% off my hourly rate, its around 100k hands of limit holdem from like april of this year. Limits 50/100 and higher. I would be pleasantly surpised if anyone is willing to pay the asking price.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you have a high hourly?

stoxtrader 11-04-2005 02:20 PM

we can get a ruler out and measure if you like.

fnord - great point on the value disparity between LHE and NL. I agree.

ggbman 11-04-2005 02:23 PM

I wasnt serious btw, i have no illusions of grandeur about my hourly nor do i really compare how it compares to the top ones on this forum

JasonP530 11-04-2005 03:07 PM

What do you think is the best way to go about getting the data from the NL database? Since there are so many more options in no limit, I would find it difficult to decide why the player chose one over another(and how to apply it to similar situations in the future), since the player would not be there to explain themselves. It would seem difficult to learn from a database without some sort of guide. Any suggestions?