Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Girl Problems Exercise #42 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368513)

Jurollo 10-30-2005 07:57 PM

Girl Problems Exercise #42

You all know how people talk about lines and how you played a hand in the "card game" forums this is much like that....

Background - I met this girl a week or two ago, she is my friend's gf. I am friends with the gf and had grown to like the said girl in a fairly short time span. The only time I have gone out or anything was with her and the friend's gf to see Saw II.

So last night I have a party at my house, she comes and gets wasted and eventually gets a ride home. I think she likes one of my roomies or thinks he is hot. Ok so I get wasted and eventually, around 2:30 in the morning drunkenly tell her I like her, but she was incoherent. In conversation today she says "i dont know you well enough to do anything really" and says that "she will be at our parties and we all should hang out more" etc, etc. Sounds like a lame way to say "i am not interested".

Whats my line?
-Move on
-Keep keeping on
-Tell her to [censored] off
-Keep inviting her to parties and try to get random ass
-Any other suggestions

~Justin

NLSoldier 10-30-2005 07:59 PM

Re: Girl Problems Exercise #42

So you are trying to steal your friends girlfriend?

10-30-2005 08:01 PM

Im not sure, if you are hitting on your friends GF? its kind of confusing. If you are not, and its a friend of the GF, then the only answer is, invite her to parties, and keep hitting random ass in the meantime.

Bigdaddydvo 10-30-2005 08:04 PM

I read it as friend of a GF.

If she seems uninterested after drinking, sober might not be much better. Looks like a good time to quit pressing the issue.

Blarg 10-30-2005 08:07 PM

Don't encourage it. If you reject her, she may be pissed off and try to sour the relationship between you and your friend, or make it so that your friend hangs out with you and your group less. It may not even be that consciously done, or it may be done with full bore conscious jerkiness. Either way, you lose.

And you lose even more if you don't reject her, namely, your friend. Banging some chick is easy enough; you don't have to bang this one. You could lose a friend.

It sounds like you're trying to think this thing through too much so that it can look like something other than what it is -- stealing your friend's girl. Deeper, or whatever. It's not.

siccjay 10-30-2005 08:08 PM

I'm thinking you meant a friend of your friends gf.

Telling the girl "I like you" is the kiss of death. Move on now before the drama gets bad.

Jurollo 10-30-2005 08:12 PM

Not hitting on the GF. The gf's friend. I just mentioned my link to the gf because I have an 'insider' if you will.
~Justin

Los Feliz Slim 10-30-2005 08:15 PM

Keep moving, there's nothing to see here.

MCS 10-30-2005 08:16 PM

Move on.

DMBFan23 10-30-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think she likes one of my roomies or thinks he is hot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
we "all" should hang out more

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't think you can hit it then be a good wingman and set your roommate up with some tail, because she wants him.