Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Eye Suck? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=200982)

Rubeskies 02-22-2005 10:35 PM

Eye Suck?

Party 10/20 6-max (6-handed)

CO is 35/15, poor postflop

Button is 45/27, surprisingly passive postflop

Hero is SB with T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG folds, MP limps, CO raises, Button 3-bets, Hero calls, blinds fold, MP folds, CO calls.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero bets, CO calls.

River: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks intending to call.

All steets are probably debatable.

arkady 02-22-2005 10:41 PM

Re: Eye Suck?

unless villain loves to bluff on the river, I think you might as well bet if you are intending to call anyway. That sort of situation happens frequently enough, that I either bet or check/fold.

Alobar 02-22-2005 11:25 PM

this is an easy easy river bet, I'm really shocked you didnt make it. He's not going to check behind a better hand, but hes going to check behind hands hed call a bet with that you beat, more often than he is going to bluff the river after you showed strength on a non co-ordinated flop

Nemesis 02-22-2005 11:29 PM

bet it on out. Be strong.

DrGutshot 02-23-2005 02:09 AM

I think a bet is probably best....however, the strong advantage to checking this is that button may actually check behind a king if he is as passive as you described.

edit: as well as QQ/JJ

-DrG

jfresh 02-23-2005 04:49 AM

CO raised preflop, and then called 2cold back to him on a noncordinated board on the flop... smells strongly of QQ or JJ, or KJ or something. even 99 and 88 beat him now too. thats why i agree with checking the river...

my question here is what hands do you guys think the CO is gonna call with that TT beats?? or is this for meta game purposes?

Michael Davis 02-23-2005 04:50 AM

Bet. It's probably me calling you down with A5.

-Michael

Danenania 02-23-2005 03:03 PM

I would play 3/4 streets differently.

Preflop I would cap. A 45/27 3-bet doesn't impress me and I don't think the ability to c/r will be all that useful in such a bloated pot on the flop. I think capping is good both for equity and to simplify postflop decisions.

The flop I would just call, planning to lead a non-A turn (I'm not entirely sure whether to lead a Q turn).

And last the river you must bet. He will bet when he has you beat and check behind when he doesn't. This is important poker logic.

Grisgra 02-23-2005 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And last the river you must bet. He will bet when he has you beat and check behind when he doesn't. This is important poker logic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep yep yep yep yep. I find this difficult to do as a reflex, one's natural inclination is to check if you think you're behind 50% of the time (like here), but you need to pause and reflect . . . if you're showing down, you need to bet this, not check.