Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   AJ on the button facing too much action. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394079)

Stealthy 12-08-2005 08:39 AM

AJ on the button facing too much action.

UTG is a 70/0/1 player who has no idea and reguarly overplays his hands. No read on UTG+1 as this is his first orbit.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero?

What is my play here and plan for the rest of the hand on this heavily coordinated board?

toss 12-08-2005 08:54 AM

Re: AJ on the button facing too much action.

I'd 3-bet here. You say UTG overplays hands and UTG+1 may be raising with a draw or a weaker pair.

12-08-2005 10:22 AM

3 bet the flop sounds ok for reasons stated. ... i think it might be better to just call the flop, and then if a blank hits the turn, raise the turn. its one of those hands where your pot equity could change very largely with the turn, as discussed in SSHE. then you could be looking at anywhere from fold to raise on the turn.

@bsolute_luck 12-08-2005 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it might be better to just call the flop, and then if a blank hits the turn, raise the turn

[/ QUOTE ] this is what i was thinking.

Forbillz 12-08-2005 10:50 AM

I like the turn call. Villain(s) may then place you as the one on the flush draw and, assuming no more diamonds come, you may even get bet into if he was raising a worse Jack, Straight draw or even protecting his 2nd pair.

Stealthy 12-08-2005 04:35 PM

OK I did call the flop waiting for a safe turn card to raise.

Hero calls

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero?

imported_smoove 12-08-2005 04:48 PM

*grunching*

Call with intent of raising a safe turn?

imported_smoove 12-08-2005 04:56 PM

Oyyy...who knows what UTG has? He never PFRs...so coulda been slowplaying trips...or maybe has KQ. I guess I'd just call down unless I catch that A or J.

sean c 12-08-2005 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK I did call the flop waiting for a safe turn card to raise.

Hero calls

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG checks, UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG 3 bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Stealthy getting 15:1 closing the action folding isn't an option.

@bsolute_luck 12-08-2005 05:24 PM

with 4 outs to fill up and hoooge pot: call.