Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   conscious of heart beat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394597)

gorie 12-09-2005 12:44 AM

conscious of heart beat

i've been having this problem the past week or so, where i am constantly aware of my heart beat. it's really annoying. especially at night lying in bed, and i feel my head/eyes pulsating along with my heart beat, it's hard to relax and fall asleep.

my pulse and beat seem regular, it's just that i'm too conscious of it and it makes me feel weird.

i've read that it can be stress related, has anyone else experienced this ? although it's not like i really have anything to be stressed about, other than the fact that my heart is annoying me. so i don't know.

i'll probably go to the doctor soon i just wonder if there is anything i can do or if i should be worried.?

rohjoh 12-09-2005 12:47 AM

Re: conscious of heart beat

[ QUOTE ]
i've been having this problem the past week or so, where i am constantly aware of my heart beat. it's really annoying. especially at night lying in bed, and i feel my head/eyes pulsating along with my heart beat, it's hard to relax and fall asleep.

my pulse and beat seem regular, it's just that i'm too conscious of it and it makes me feel weird.

i've read that it can be stress related, has anyone else experienced this ?

i'll probably go to the doctor soon i just wonder if there is anything i can do or if i should be worried.?

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens to me when I am really stoned.

12-09-2005 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to say that. THC increases heart rate. Coke also does this. If your symtoms aren't drug enduced then I have no idea.

gorie 12-09-2005 12:51 AM

i have never done drugs.

Matt R. 12-09-2005 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg 12-09-2005 12:52 AM

People who meditate can often become aware of these things. It's not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it can even be a sign of a strong heart. I used to have a bed that was so creaky that my heartbeat could shake it enough to wake me up.

The head/eyes pulsating isn't good. You may have high blood pressure. See if cutting back on salt helps any. It can lead to high blood pressure and those symptoms. That's what I read, and it is true in my case. Caffeine can do the same thing to me, in excess.

Stress can activate this kinda stuff and the opposite can help alleviate it.

Acupuncturists might say you have an energy blockage. I wouldn't know if it's something that acupuncture can fix or massage.

I'm also not sure if it could signal a stressed or malfunctioning heart. Just that there's not a definitive answer about it always being bad or good. Can't hurt to check it out with the doc.

iMsoLucky0 12-09-2005 12:53 AM

Sounds like you are horny to me.

gorie 12-09-2005 12:55 AM

they took my blood pressure a couple weeks ago when i was at the doctor for my carpal tunnel problems, and everything was normal then, so i don't think it is that.

but who knows.

my energy does feel pretty blocked up though !!! stupid energy blockage.

12-09-2005 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have never done drugs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know whether to congratulate you or tell you what you're missing. That's pretty impressive so congratulations. Sorry for straying form the topic.

Blarg 12-09-2005 12:59 AM

Blood pressure can go up or down very quickly and by quite a lot. Sometimes it can be from very subterranean stressors you didn't even know were bothering you much, let alone hitting you really hard. Caffeine can definitely do it too. I've gone to diners that have blood pressure machines and measured myself before and after eating and guzzling two or three cups of coffee, and damn, it has spiked my blood pressure up like 30 points.