Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Party SNG's On The Weekends (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385675)

PokerProdigy 11-26-2005 04:54 PM

Party SNG\'s On The Weekends

I have noticed lately that I seem to do terrible on the weekends when I play the $11 or $22 sngs. But I thought the weekends were supposed to be easier [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Anyways, I am just posting this to see if any of you guys have noticed the same problem? Now, I also realize it could be variance since I don't play all that much in general, maybe like 10-15 hours a week on average, most of which is played during the week. So if anybody has any advice or anything that maybe helpful to me, let me know.

citanul 11-26-2005 04:55 PM

Re: Party SNG\'s On The Weekends

perhaps it's variance

perhaps you play badly against bad competition

c

tigerite 11-26-2005 05:19 PM

Cit, what you really mean is

[X] You might suck
[X] It's not close

11-26-2005 07:27 PM

so this is how my last 3 weeks have gone

win 500-600 on the 22s, lose close to 400 on the weekends
currently today im down almost 260 so *shrug*

i have a friend that 4tables the 5/10 tables and he says that tables always seem tighter on weekends too.

could be variance and just that my last 3 downswings happened on the weekends but who knows

11-26-2005 08:02 PM

i play sng's on party most every weekend...so your chances of winning go up a little...

11-26-2005 08:23 PM

I think some of it depends on how well you play a relative short stack. I play the 11's and on the weekends, genereally it seems that that there's one or two giant stacks by the time it gets 5 handed. I'm usually still hanging around 800-1000 chips at that point, compared to their 2000-3000 chip stacks. I seem to have more variance on the weekends, but my ROI is higher.

needcash 11-26-2005 09:12 PM

You know, I notice the same thing myself. It seems when I have a bad run it's always on a weekend. My showdown percentage is ridiculous today, under 40% in the all-in hands. I have been river knocked out in 7 of the 20 I have played.

KKbluff 11-27-2005 12:47 AM

In my experience weekends have shown me higher variance, but overall a higher EV than weekdays.
On weekends I tend to find more calls on my hands that I generally do not expect to be called on regular weekdays (hence higher variance).
I tend to find myself in more coinflip situations than usual on weekends.

raptor517 11-27-2005 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a friend that 4tables the 5/10 tables and he says that tables always seem tighter on weekends too.

[/ QUOTE ]

your friend should make use of the resources online poker allows that let you find weak games with bad players. holla

11-27-2005 02:22 AM

such as? we both us PT (just to check out our own stats) and take notes once in a while but i'm not too sure what else you are refering to about