Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The Pink Bunny guy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199125)

MicroBob 02-19-2005 09:50 PM

The Pink Bunny guy

X-posted from the NV&G forum.
I know some of you don't make it over there very much....and I thought this was worthwhile viewing.

Pretty humorous stuff....and i bet he pulls it off too.

This guy is my hero!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5958012369 ]Pink Bunny Link[/url]

jek187 02-19-2005 09:57 PM

Re: The Pink Bunny guy

Thanks for the cross post MB.

I was thinking of bidding on this for BW, except I saw the starting bid last. Let's just say the figure I had in mind was a fraction of the one TPB lists.

IggyWH 02-19-2005 10:03 PM

Could it work? Sure... but I doubt anyone will pay $150,000 or at least start off at that. One of the things that made the forehead ad so huge was the amount of people getting into it. At $150,000 starting bid, even if anyone does consider this, they will pass it up being too high to start off.

Jurollo 02-19-2005 10:06 PM

This is borderline brilliant! It has golden palace written all over it too, haha!
~Justin

MicroBob 02-19-2005 10:19 PM

I don't know about the fore-head thing.....but a few weeks ago on CNN they showed video of a pregnant lady with a short blouse (so that her belly was sticking WAAAYYY out) walking around some shopping-mall with GoldenPalace.com painted in big black letters on her belly.

Obviously this was a time-sensitive advertising gimmick also since she looked to be about 14 months pregnant. no idea how much she got paid for it though.

but if goldenpalace would spend $28k (I think that's correct) just to buy the grilled-cheez sandwich I suspect they could consider spending at least $50k on this guy. And he might talk them up to $75k andI'm reasonably certain he would be willing to take a half-price discount to see how it goes...and then possibly turn it into a more regular thing if it works really well.

Just because his asking price is $150k doesn't mean he can't be bargained down.

I say again....This guy is my HERO!!!

ClaytonN 02-19-2005 10:26 PM

Most of you guys would laugh at his supposed idiocy, but this is a brilliant move. Worst case scenario he does it for a lower price away from eBay, but he's proposing a brilliant advertising campaign to poker players. And all he has to do is play lots of poker all day.

Ingenius stuff, really.

MicroBob 02-19-2005 10:32 PM

Not to mention the likelihood of getting to go on vaious talk-shows ranging from NBC-Today to Letterman to Jon Stewart, etc etc.

After he's done he can write a fraking book about it (pretty much taking from all the stuff he writes in his blog) and probably make even more money.

The only real problem I have with this little gimmick is that I didn't think of it first.

Do we think that there are some poker-rooms out there who might not let him play in his pink-bunny outfit?

_2000Flushes 02-19-2005 10:58 PM

Is this the same ThePinkBunny who used to always win those daily raked hand contests at pokerroom?

I bet it is.

-2kF

Jurollo 02-19-2005 11:07 PM

on a side note, 2KF's avatar is AWESOME! Pink Bunny for life, I second micro in placing him into "hero" status.
~Justin

scotty34 02-19-2005 11:10 PM

Just out of curiousity, what's preventing any company from just hiring their own guy to go put on a pink bunny suit and play in a card room for a month for like 10 bucks an hour plus expenses? It's a great idea, and would be a great promotion, but I don't think TPB has the rights to that idea. What would make him so much better than any other guy in a bunny suit. And even if he was a much better promoter than your average promo guy hired buy a company, is he really worth another $100-150K?