Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Where do you stop it? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=328475)

kapw7 09-02-2005 05:30 PM

Where do you stop it?

Having some Friday night fun 4-tabling-clearing the Party bonus at 1/2 -6max.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Not any reads. Seems like the average loose 1/2-6max player

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

I try to steal 30% of times or beter whenever I feel like it.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Lets see if we get raised here

River: (4.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

There's no other option on the river

irishpint 09-02-2005 05:38 PM

Re: Where do you stop it?

party bonus? explain....

09-02-2005 05:38 PM

First, let me say I know nothing.

Second: Check/fold the flop. What are you trying to steal, 1 SB? Raise pre-flop if you want to steal. Given your flop move, check/fold the turn.

If you're trying to advertise for later hands, isn't that an unneeded move at $1/$2 6-max? I can fold a bazillion hands in a row at $2/$4 &amp; $3/$6 and still earn tons of action.

Kumubou 09-02-2005 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop bluffing at calling stations!

I check/fold this flop. When you pull this kind of stunt, you want something that has at least some marginal showdown value. A weak draw, or A-high, something. You have piddly squat, no draws, and no showdown value. If he calls with anything (and he will!), you lose.

-K

09-02-2005 05:50 PM

What did you start? A hand as weak as yours has very little value and is not worth much. Bluffing is done at the end if he shows no strength. If you were inducing a bluff representing a 9, then you would check, if a blank hits the turn and he bets, raise and see if that make him fold. If not, you are done.

kapw7 09-02-2005 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Stop bluffing at calling stations!

[/ QUOTE ]

As you see thats not entirely true

[ QUOTE ]
When you pull this kind of stunt, you want something that has at least some marginal showdown value. A weak draw, or A-high, something. You have piddly squat, no draws, and no showdown value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. I try to make him fold. What I have is irrelevant

[ QUOTE ]
If he calls with anything (and he will!), you lose.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Even LPPs don't call with anything on a scary board and after limping UTG

kapw7 09-02-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you were inducing a bluff representing a 9, then you would check, if a blank hits the turn and he bets, raise and see if that make him fold. If not, you are done.

[/ QUOTE ]

My play loses 1+2+2=5SB when behind and can win 2.5+1+2=5.5SB

Your play loses 2*2+2=6SB (youll bet the river-right?) and wins 2.5+2=4.5SB or 6.5SB if you get him on the river

deception5 09-02-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he folds 50% of the time here. At some point you need to abandon the bluff, the more times he calls the more likely he's going to showdown.

kapw7 09-02-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he folds 50% of the time here. At some point you need to abandon the bluff, the more times he calls the more likely he's going to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the extra money I make when I actually have the 9?
I said I bet the flop 30% of times or anyway a lot less than 100%.

Last time I played a decent guy who capped me on a Jxx flop with AJ and after I C-Red him with my Jx (full-house) and he eventually lost the hand he said: "I thought you were a donk".

But the main question is where do you abandon the bluff? Especially when the pot grows and he doesn't seem to have a decent showdown hand after he limped UTG. You can't stop on the river. On the turn maybe?

deception5 09-02-2005 06:31 PM

I wouldn't worry too much about building a reputation at 1/2, it generally costs more than you'll gain from it.

I don't mind taking a stab at the pot on the flop but there's no way I would put in bets on every street. If I didn't check/fold the turn I would bet the turn and check/fold the river (if he peels one often) or check the turn and bet the river (if he sees the river and folds when he misses).