Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   AK tries for a free card. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405617)

SomethingClever 12-26-2005 11:10 PM

AK tries for a free card.

Ok... what does CO call two cold on the flop with and then bet the turn? Flush right? I'm thinking this is an easy turn muck now that I look at it.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

shadow29 12-26-2005 11:15 PM

Re: AK tries for a free card.

im not sure about the best lines, but all im going to say is that CO can have tons more hands than frush, including singleton diamonds with not even a pair.

Redd 12-26-2005 11:18 PM

I don't know if I like the flop raise here; a freecard would be good, but it's unlikely we'll be cleaning up many outs. Our kings will never be very clean, and while we might fold A9 or something, it would actually be pretty nice to keep another king in to draw since he would just be a fountain of implied odds.

12-26-2005 11:18 PM

i don't think this free card play works as well with someone to act behind you, unless you get him to fold on the flop.

TomBrooks 12-27-2005 12:16 AM

FLOP: Don't try for a free card with someone behind you.

Your behind on this flop almost every time. I discount your outs to five. I think you can call and just barely. I don't see the point of the raise. I don't think it helps you to knock people out here. I think you want them to stay to pay you if you make a hand.

TURN: fold

RIVER: You made one of your hands. You can't push it. It's very likely second best, but now you have to call.

TheMetetron 12-27-2005 03:03 AM

I would muck the flop... crazy?

I say 5 outs, and you are first to act after a bet. A raise is quite possible on this board.

Paradigm 12-27-2005 03:24 AM

I avoid the free card play with someone left to act and I fold when the diamond hits the turn.