Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   QQ against a 2p2er (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399027)

12-15-2005 02:36 PM

QQ against a 2p2er

Party 2/4 9 handed.

Villain here is a very good 2p2er.

Hero is on the Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

PREFLOP:
Villain raises UTG+1, folds to me, Hero raises, folds to villain, Villain calls.

FLOP: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain calls.

TURN: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero checks.

lozen 12-15-2005 02:40 PM

Re: QQ against a 2p2er

I prefer betting on turn and folding to check raise and checking on river

shant 12-15-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I prefer betting on turn and folding to check raise and checking on river

[/ QUOTE ]
If the 2+2er has an A he may very well call the turn bet and bet into you on the river since it seems he is playing WA/WB. He could also try and push you off the best hand so bet/folding isn't too much fun here. I like this check against this player.

SnglMaltScotch 12-15-2005 03:09 PM

I would bet here. He could just as easily be on a flush draw and a free card would be bad. I don't know if I am good enough to fold to a turn C/R though. A read on how he plays draws would be helpful, but without one, I would go bet/fold on both turn and non-spade river.

Nick C 12-15-2005 03:12 PM

I'm not even sure you should call the river unless you spike a queen.

But I probably would call, hoping I was just facing a bluff from K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or an optimistic flop call from TT.

shant 12-15-2005 03:20 PM

There's really only one flush draw combo that you need to worry about - K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] - and I don't know if that's enough to be concerned about giving a free card.

12-15-2005 04:03 PM

My thoughts have pretty much been summed up already. But given the preflop and flop action here I thought villain would have an ace most of the time. KJs or maaaaybe KTs were both possible, but they accounted for only 2 combos. I didn't think villain would peel with TT or JJ with the J or T of spades.

QTip 12-15-2005 04:33 PM

How would we feel if we didn't have the Qs?

McGahee 12-15-2005 04:57 PM

Good check - the only reason to bet the turn would be to follow up with a river bet and hope he check/folds a weak Ace, but I don't trust him to do that often enough.

QTip 12-15-2005 05:14 PM

With the Qs - we're like 8:1 toast

Without the Qs - we're like 16:1 toast

How I use that now is beyond me.

Course, I think there's a certain % of times he may make a move on the flop with the spades as well.

How I use that now is beyond me.

Anyone smart to help at this point?