Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   AA against total maniac (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347707)

stew77 09-30-2005 02:28 PM

AA against total maniac

Live 3/6NL, Villains is a total maniac, regular who usually loses huge or wins huge because he on pure luck.
Hero($535) is in MP with two black Aces. Raise to $45
Button and very straightforward player calls(400)
and maniac ($900)completes in the SB

Flop comes 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain pushes . Whats my play?

4 hands earlier villain made the exact same play on a very similar board, original raiser folded showing AK and villains showed 88.

thx
stew

Percussion 09-30-2005 02:31 PM

Re: AA against total maniac

call

noggindoc 09-30-2005 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

TheMainEvent 09-30-2005 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
call

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Richie Rich 09-30-2005 02:35 PM

I think you're leaving out some important pieces of information, like: (a) your image at the table, (b) what the standard pf raise is, (c) the overall action at that table, (d) if you and villain have a history, etc.

But based upon the info that you've provided, this is a pretty easy call, imo. After all, if he had 22 or 5-x, why would he want to scare you out of the pot before you even bet on the flop?

xorbie 09-30-2005 02:35 PM

If you called and he showed 56, we really don't care.

Richie Rich 09-30-2005 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you called and he showed 56, we really don't care.

[/ QUOTE ]
btw- Should be noted that the hand most likely to crack AA is 56s.

stew77 09-30-2005 02:41 PM

xorbie, youre useless responses are of no use when ppl are trying to gain help and info. too many times we see ppl giving their ignorant and arrogant two cents that have no reason.

as for responses that matter ........
our table is starting to get very loose, especially since villains sat down. my thoughts when he pushed were, if he had a set .. i have seen him check raise all in numerous times, so i put him on 34 or flush draw .... could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

TheMainEvent 09-30-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect thinking. This spot is fine. You may have better spots later, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't call here, as long as you are properly rolled.

yvesaint 09-30-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so i put him on 34 or flush draw ....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

4 hands earlier villain made the exact same play on a very similar board, original raiser folded showing AK and villains showed 88.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
could i fold here and loo for a better spot to gain chips off him as he has donated to me many times before

[/ QUOTE ]

villain likes overpairs. you have an overpair to overpairs. call, instantly, not close, even if you dont hold the Ad. xorbie is being short here, just like everyone, because the answer is ridiculously obvious given previous plays (although it was YOU that was at the table, is there anymore information you could give? we're going by what you've posted, and nothing more)