Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Weak (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=74846)

Vern 03-20-2004 06:30 PM

Weak

I am ready to be flamed as weak, but I would like some feedback on something I did that I just felt uncertain about at the time.

2 table $10 SnG at Stars, 7 players at the table, blinds are T15/T30. I am in the small blind with T1425 as there has been nothing to play yet. CL T3370 in EP min raises to T60, all fold to the button who goes all in with T415. I put the CL on a big ace and the all-in button with either AK or a PP(leaned towards PP). I don't know if the CL will call or not. I figured I was only about a 33% favorite to win the 415 if I just called and the CL called, about a 75% favorite to win anything over the 415 if the CL called that excess. I thought about going all-in, but I try to avoid that early in the tourny especially with a raise and re-raise in front of me and I let it go. Was this too weak. Upon reflextion I think I should have raised all-in, since I had the button covered, would have had over 1K left and if the CL called and I only beat him I still would be ahead. The problem is I was uncertain at the time and when uncertain I tend to fold unless I am a big favorite. Reinforce my decision or flame away, I have asked for critism and personally I lean towards flaming myself.

Vern

Results in white:
<font color="white"> CL had AQo and Button had 99 Board came down Q244K so I would have won this had I played and am still happy that my reads were correct </font>

Tosh 03-20-2004 07:00 PM

Re: Weak

Er what did you have ?

Vern 03-20-2004 07:02 PM

&lt;cough&gt; Oh, I had AKo, I put that in then must have edited it and forgot to take that out. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

triplc 03-22-2004 12:35 AM

Doesn't sound that weak to me. Here you have the benefit of acting last and seeing a couple of very disturbing things. First, a min raise from a big stack is troubling, if for no other reason than he can bust you if you mess with him. Then, an all-in from a short stack which could mean anything, but you figure he must have something if he's willing to mess with the big stack who just raised.

So, you're choices are call the all-in, and risk being put all-in by the big stack (then what?), or called and seeing an Aceless/kingless flop (which happened...and then what?).
You could raise all-in, but if the big stack does have you with KK or AA then you are in big trouble. OR...if he just simply sucks out on you...then you're dead, too.

Sure, the results indicate that you would have won, but I'd call that a good laydown early in the SnG.

Did you end up cashing?

CCC

Vern 03-22-2004 01:03 AM

Nope, no cash, got impatient and took a gamble when I was only a slight favorite against several opponents and bounced out. Thanks for the response.

Vern

talkinghead 03-22-2004 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I figured I was only about a 33% favorite to win

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 0.000000047% favourite on this weeks lottery