Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Question for you SNG power tools users.... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406415)

12-28-2005 06:33 AM

Question for you SNG power tools users....

Hey all, first post in this forum. Have been reading a lot of the posts on here and been trying to learn. I have played some sngs before and recently began three tabling low buyins. One thing I love to hear about them is that they are formulaic.

Anyway, to the question. Does sng powertools require an extremely mathmatical mind. I am not horrible at math, but by no means as saavy as the formulas I hear quoted here and on the probability forum. I would like to get the sngPT, but reading the forum at the site, it sounds like a lot of difficult math to be doing on the spot (multitabline?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])

Also, one thing that the website at sngpt said was that knowing the range your opponet would call with in bubble play goes into the formula. But even 3 tabling, I dont think I could give a great estimation of that on many of my opponets. I just dont have time to pay that close of attention. Am I missing something here, or can you use PT without having great reads on every opponet?

I appreciate any advice. Thanks for all the great info so far guys.

12-28-2005 07:23 AM

Re: Question for you SNG power tools users....

All the questions you have are exactly the reason you should buy SNGPT. If people could do the math in their heads while multitabling, they wouldn't need to buy SNGPT. What it does do is give you a very specific answer as to the value of a particular push/fold situation. Then it makes it easy for you to adjust the variables and see how it changes the answer. Not sure what the calling range is for BB, when you are thinking about pushing from SB? Fine, try all 4 presets, from tight to maniac. See how much difference it makes.

You'll be surprised by a lot of the answers at first, but the more you play with it the easier it is to make the right calls based on "feel" when you are actually playing.

If you play more than 50 $11s a month, I think it's a no-brainer to buy.

12-28-2005 08:16 AM

The thing with calling ranges is that if you always watch what people call all-in with at your tables, and then play thousands of SnG's, you begin to see a pattern.

QuickLearner 12-28-2005 08:41 AM

It's a great learning tool and you should buy it. From much of the content of your message I get the feeling that you are worried about not being able to use it while in the middle of a S&G. You won't; it's meant as an offline learning tool.

jmillerdls 12-28-2005 02:25 PM

I think this tool is the single most important tool to improving my game. I always read about push/fold strategy and tried to implement as best I could just from reading these forums. That resulted in about a 10% ROI at the $11's. Since buying the tool, I have more than doubled my ROI.

It allows you to go over your bubble play (which I feel is most important at the $11's), and notice situations that will come up time after time if you play a lot of these things. When you have that information ready to go for future tournaments, your starting with a big advantage over the average $11 player.

So...yeah, buy it.

Nato76 12-28-2005 02:28 PM

Link to this software tool please? Is this only for party poker or it can be used on any site? I play the SnGs on pokerstars.

12-28-2005 02:34 PM

it's the greatest.

and it works with stars too but you need to download the 'test release' which is linked to in the forum on this website: http://www.sitngo-analyzer.com/

Nato76 12-28-2005 02:38 PM

Thank you.

Nato76 12-28-2005 03:18 PM

I just downloaded the free version. I'm guessing when you buy the registration key there is more to it like importing HH's? I am definitely buying it as I am switching to the turbo sngs on Stars. Any other tools you guys use like PT or PokerOffice during a game?

jmillerdls 12-28-2005 03:20 PM

Yes, you load up a HH and you can then click on any qualifying hand (I usually go down to whenever I have 10BB or less to start with), and go hand by qualifying hand to see where you could have pushed/called and it would have been profitable...or where you shouldn't have pushed/called.
I personally use PT and PAHUD during my SNG play. If I was only an SNG player, I may not have bothered with PAHUD, but I had it for cash games and have started using it for SNGs. I personally find it very useful in helping me make some close decisions.