Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What does he have and what do I do? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=363972)

davidross 10-23-2005 10:54 PM

What does he have and what do I do?

Empire Happy hour, only the 2nd level and already I've been down to 200 chips and back up to 1300 where I find myself right now. Blinds are 10/20 and I'm on the button. 3 limpers to me and I limp too with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Both blinds play. 120 in the pot.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

As I'm drooling over the flop, UTG bets out 90 and the CO makes it 275. Yikes.

So how good is my hand compared to CO's range for raising, and do I flat call or raise? CO has me covered, UTG has fewer than me. Are you tryng to maximize the win, or minimize a loss?

Annulus 10-23-2005 11:00 PM

Re: What does he have and what do I do?

Otherstack sizes is important. but being the donk that i am i push all in with a ton of outs if needed.

redrooski24 10-23-2005 11:05 PM

Smells like someone has 2 pair, but OESFD with the top pair is just too strong to fold. This is the easiest push ever. Likewise, I would call any all in with this also.

Annulus 10-23-2005 11:06 PM

I highly doubt UTG or cutoff have AQ for a flopped straight. cutoff could have limped in with Q9 suited, but unlikely. I think at worst you are up against flopped 2 pair. I like pushing and putting them to the test. Your flush outs are most likely good, but the question i guess is if your straight outs are any good.

adanthar 10-23-2005 11:08 PM

You know you're 44% against a set and 72% against Q9o, right? Come on, calling is horrible.

Exitonly 10-23-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
72% against Q9o

[/ QUOTE ]

???

adanthar 10-23-2005 11:26 PM

47%, sorry. 72% was for something else. I'd push long before I got to twodimes to doublecheck so it doesn't matter [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Exitonly 10-23-2005 11:28 PM

Heh yea i'm pushing real quick here too.

davidross 10-23-2005 11:37 PM

I know I was 60% against 2 pair, and I thought around 33% against AQ, I thought i was ahead of a set, but I'll accept the 44%, and I think the 72% is a typo.

My thoughts when he raised whas that I'm almost positive I'm behind, and most people in these Empire $100 won't fold a hand like 2 pair here, so my folding equity is zip. I have 1300 chips at 10/20 limit and I'm getting ready to play for all my chips with probably a very small edge. I really like waiting for those times where I know I have the other guy in real bad shape. But as you say calling is pretty bad. Raising less than all-in doesn't seem like a great alternative either, except maybe if I make it 700 or something I can check the turn and maybe the river if I miss.

I did push, UTG folded and CO called with KJ, I missed and I was done. Just wondering if there is a better way to play it.

Jason Strasser 10-23-2005 11:41 PM

Christ david.