Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Blind Battles: Hand #1 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=395848)

TStoneMBD 12-10-2005 11:56 PM

Blind Battles: Hand #1

i think ive spotted a leak in my game in common blind battle situations. it could just be that im running bad in these blind situations but i feel like i might be getting exploited. so im gonna start posting a series of blind hands and you guys tell me what you think.

SB is unknown and unknowns usually mean fish. this is an aggressive game in general.

SB raises, I call in the BB with Q5s.

Flop is A85r

SB bets, Hero calls

Turn is a K

SB bets, Hero raises with the intention of folding to a 3bet and checking river.

How is this line? Sometimes I raise this flop and sometimes I fold the turn.

Spicymoose 12-10-2005 11:59 PM

Re: Blind Battles: Hand #1

I guess your line seems ok. You get him to fold a lot of pairs that beat you sometimes I think. I usually raise the flop though. I would rather take this down as quick as possible.

flawless_victory 12-11-2005 01:55 AM

i think u should prob just let it go on the turn... u called a flop bet on that dry board and he doesnt care.

sublime 12-11-2005 02:08 AM

i like the line a lot more if the K didnt fall of course. with the K falling, its a very close decision. a fold may be better, but im not putting much weight behind that.

Surfbullet 12-11-2005 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess your line seems ok. You get him to fold a lot of pairs that beat you sometimes I think. I usually raise the flop though. I would rather take this down as quick as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens almost never at the games tstone plays...noone is folding an 8 there. mayyyybe a 5 but we have the best 5 so that's moot. There's def an argument to be made that a raise is good for metagame but there aren't many 6 outers b/c many will have a gutshot...if we're going to proceed b/c villain is capable of firing multiple-street bluffs then I think calling down is probably best.

Surf

Victor 12-11-2005 03:01 AM

i think if you play your hand this way you every time you will lose a decent amount of money.

oreogod 12-11-2005 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No way he gets credit for an ace here rasing the flop. Maybe a super weak off suit ace. Honestly a decent player will put him on an 8 or 5 regardless if he raises the K turn or not. Pretty dry flop to call, unless he has a gutshot.

Id raise flop, if he 3bets, call. Id say weakest made hand u get 3bet here with is 66. The only other thing I can think of that might 3bet u here is KQ, KJ. Hard to say. But I think a flop raise and if u get 3bet, folding the turn is good.

EDIT: missed the read that the guy was unknown. If thats the case unless hes a tard, u are probably not getting 3bet by a hand that u are beating.

scrub 12-11-2005 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This happens almost never at the games tstone plays...noone is folding an 8 there. mayyyybe a 5 but we have the best 5 so that's moot. There's def an argument to be made that a raise is good for metagame but there aren't many 6 outers b/c many will have a gutshot...if we're going to proceed b/c villain is capable of firing multiple-street bluffs then I think calling down is probably best.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree--there's a lot to be said for calling down here, especially given the board.

scrub

12-11-2005 04:19 AM

I would only run this line if I didn't feel comfortable folding the turn after a 3 bet on the flop. Thinking about it, though, that's actually quite often.

college_boy 12-11-2005 05:50 AM

spew spew spew.