Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Beginning MTH v2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=333783)

OrcaDK 10-06-2005 03:25 AM

Re: Beginning MTH v2

[ QUOTE ]
OrcaDK,

I’ve given the current version a swing and explored all of the functions, which appear to work fine except for some monitor issues, which now seem a little different then I described previously.

Laptop 1400x1050
2nd 1280 x 1024

Now, the second monitor is recognized, and if I use auto position, the tables will be organized on both monitors. However, the program misidentifies the dividing point between monitors. It thinks that the division is 1” from the right edge of my laptop (my 2nd monitor is to the right of the laptop). So, a table which should start at the left edge of the 2nd monitor, instead starts 1” from the right edge of my laptop and extends onto the 2nd monitor. I think the reason I didn’t see it this way last time, was b/c my 2nd monitor was on the left side of my laptop and your program didn’t see that. Instead, it ignored that monitor. Regardless, V2 doesn’t properly identify the right side of my laptop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and see if i can come up with something [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I really like options for key control! I am playing while typing, although, I just “C”hecked my QQ on the xxx flop. I seem to get more security checks when using keys instead of AHK, that moves the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

That really is the reason i provided the "Require shift" possibility [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Do you also get security checks with AHK, or don't you get them at all with AHK?

OrcaDK 10-06-2005 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possibly happening when you change the preferences while already running? If not, i'll see if i can fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-06-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It looks like there is a problem when "keep active table in place" is selected. Sometimes the table doesn't get replaced, but instead, gets buried under the next table. Then, it stays buried even when it should pop back to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this possibly happening when you change the preferences while already running? If not, i'll see if i can fix it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, I was changing preferences while running. I'll try it again.

10-06-2005 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like options for key control! I am playing while typing, although, I just “C”hecked my QQ on the xxx flop. I seem to get more security checks when using keys instead of AHK, that moves the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That really is the reason i provided the "Require shift" possibility [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
point taken. I switched to arrows. the many choices you give us is great.

[ QUOTE ]

Do you also get security checks with AHK, or don't you get them at all with AHK?

[/ QUOTE ]

I get them with the mouse and AHK also. But I think I get more when not moving the cursor. Small sample size (with MTH keys) and haven't done a chi-square, so bottom line is, I am not sure.

Urban 10-06-2005 04:09 PM

What really annoys me is that the table that triggered the check gets disconnected/my hand is seen as all in... Other than that, using the keyboard is SO much easier on my carpal tunnel hands!

OrcaDK 10-06-2005 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What really annoys me is that the table that triggered the check gets disconnected/my hand is seen as all in... Other than that, using the keyboard is SO much easier on my carpal tunnel hands!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really understand, is MTH causing disconnects for ya? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

NegativeEV 10-06-2005 04:33 PM

SnG User Request

Fantastic Program. Honestly this program is incredibly valuable to me. Two requests that would be great for the SnG users:

1.) Allow the auto-locate non-active screens function to put all non-active screens into one of the 4 corners rather than auto-locate them to the 3 vacant corners (i.e. user could choose which corner ALL of the non-active screens would go to).

2.) Create a function that would automatically close the table when a SnG is completed.

3.) Create a function that would automatically open a new table and buyin to a new SnG as soon as one completes (i.e. continuously keep 8, 12, etc. tables running by selecting new open seats in a selected buyin range).

I have no idea how difficult items 2. and 3. would be as I'm a tech dummy, but I would guess they would be tough.

Your program is super.

thanks

10-06-2005 05:14 PM

Re: SnG User Request

[ QUOTE ]

1.) Allow the auto-locate non-active screens function to put all non-active screens into one of the 4 corners rather than auto-locate them to the 3 vacant corners (i.e. user could choose which corner ALL of the non-active screens would go to).

2.) Create a function that would automatically close the table when a SnG is completed.

3.) Create a function that would automatically open a new table and buyin to a new SnG as soon as one completes (i.e. continuously keep 8, 12, etc. tables running by selecting new open seats in a selected buyin range).

[/ QUOTE ]

Those functions would be useful for cash games as well.

Any functions that allowed one to more easily enter and exit tables would be great. For example (as long as we are dreaming, here):

1.Joining tables: The prompt "your table xxxx is ready", is time consuming b/c you don't know which party skin it is from and a number of responses must follow. It would help to have an auto function that allowed those prompts to be answered "take seat". If the next screen states somthing that indicates you can't sit (that you already have 4 tables open, or are already sitting at the table), then an auto "remove me from the list" and "leave table" would be a dream (that is, a preferences setting rather than a command). Likewise, a keystroke command that resulted in both, "leave table" and "take me off the list" would also be useful.

If the MTH table list also included the name of the skin or the number of tables open at each skin, it would be helpful as well.

2.A key stroke Command to leave a focused table (i.e., that included the double-check prompt that you get when you try to leave). Even better, would be the ability to make the command at any point during your last orbit, such that after the last hand before the BB reaches you, you automatically leave the table.

These thigs are secondary, but once you get the program where you want it, they would make hyper-tabling a lot more efficient. And we are all about efficiency.

10-06-2005 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Recommedation for a new feature for those who want to multi-table beyond their monitor capabilities: allow tables in which you are active after the flop (or through some manual identifier) to remain on top of other tables until the start of the next hand. The idea is to be able to follow the action in a subset of tables in which you are especially interested. I am currently 12-tabling on two monitors and the only way I can follow a specific table is to place all 12 tables on my 2nd monitor, have the focus on the primary monitor, and then drag a table of interest to the main monitor for the duration of a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I've experimented with this form of tracking previously, and i've come to the conclusion that it's too dangerous to implement before i know MTH v2 is 100% stable. The reason being that the way things work results in the windows remaining their "topmost" state, even though MTH quits/crashes. That means if two of your tables were set to be topmost and MTH crashed, they would remain topmost, and you couldn't do anything about it other than closing/reopening the tables.

And trust me, it's mayhem when you're running 12-16 tables on a small monitor and two of the tables suddenly cover more than half your screen... I had it happen to me quite some times when i was still running my single 17" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about this: You want to follow a table, so instead of it being returned to its original location AFTER focus, it is returned to a secondary location (that we can specify, adjacent to the focus location), BUT it does NOT stay in focus (which I think is the problem you were outlining above). In other words, using space, not focus, to follow a table. Then after the hand is completed the table would return to its normal storage location. Two-three such secondary locations would be the dream. You could stack all of your tables in the same corner and follow the tables of interest in the space created (i.e., secondary locations). You would be able to hyper-table effectively with only one or two monitors. I'm salivating...

SuitedSixes 10-06-2005 07:32 PM

I just want to say thank you for V1 and your efforts on V2. I am currently 16 tabling using your program, and I can't wait to try V2. Your program has been more beneficial to me than PokerTracker.

Thanks again.

P.S.
A thread in the internet forum by someone connected with Party makes it look Party is trying to have all the tables have names and not numbers.

OrcaDK 10-06-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say thank you for V1 and your efforts on V2. I am currently 16 tabling using your program, and I can't wait to try V2. Your program has been more beneficial to me than PokerTracker.

Thanks again.

P.S.
A thread in the internet forum by someone connected with Party makes it look Party is trying to have all the tables have names and not numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it's good v2 doesn't care if it's named or numbered tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-07-2005 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It happened again without any changing of settings. Somehow a table gets buried at the focus location.

PrincipalSkinner 10-07-2005 07:08 AM

Since version1 works (albeit with limitations), is there some way I can retain it for serious play while also downloading v2 for experimentation?

OrcaDK 10-07-2005 07:31 AM

v2 doesn't require installation, neither does it tamper with v1's settings. So you can easily download v2 and try it.

OrcaDK 10-07-2005 12:34 PM

You say it gets stuck in the active table area. Does that mean that MTH never moves the table again, and ignores it? Or does it only reside in the active table area until it's moved again by MTH?

10-07-2005 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say it gets stuck in the active table area. Does that mean that MTH never moves the table again, and ignores it? Or does it only reside in the active table area until it's moved again by MTH?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will describe what I can remember (I'm sorry about the vagueness, but I was trying to save my hands, and It's like being a traffic cop in a 10-way intersection, when the power goes off.)

There are two things I am sure of:

first: A table was buried after I acted. It stayed in the active area until I manually moved it (i'm not sure if this is before the action had returned to that table, so I don't know what would have happened then).

second: Once the first table stopped moving there was some kind of domino effect. Tables would activate but not move to the active area.

Overlayed on these observations was my frantic attempt to disperss my highly overlapped tables. So, I'm not sure whether the tables that were not moving automatically were those I had just moved from the active area or all tables, regardless.

OrcaDK 10-07-2005 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will describe what I can remember (I'm sorry about the vagueness, but I was trying to save my hands, and It's like being a traffic cop in a 10-way intersection, when the power goes off.)

first: A table was buried after I acted. It stayed in the active area until I manually moved it (i'm not sure if this is before the action had returned to that table, so I don't know what would have happened then).

second: Once the first table stopped moving there was some kind of domino effect. Tables would activate but not move to the active area.

Overlayed on these observations was my frantic attempt to disperss my highly overlapped tables. So, I'm not sure whether the tables that were not moving automatically were those I had just moved from the active area or all tables, regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

What site are you playing at? How many tables? You're using V2 right? Are you using auto arrange, move active table? The table that remained in the active area, did it still figure in the MTH list of tables? Was it by any chance at the same time as you opened any new tables? Anything else that might've provoked the "accident"?

A lot of questions, it's tough to pinpoint the cause without being able to replicate the problem myself [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

10-07-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What site are you playing at? How many tables? You're using V2 right? Are you using auto arrange, move active table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire, Party, Eurobet, appx 10 tables, V2, Auto arrange was off.
Move active table was ON (the problem has only occurred when that is on).

[ QUOTE ]

The table that remained in the active area, did it still figure in the MTH list of tables?

[/ QUOTE ]
No idea.

[ QUOTE ]

Was it by any chance at the same time as you opened any new tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very possible I had just opened a table as I was trying to make my way to 12 tables.

I will try to recreate it with fewer tables so I can be more attentive.

OrcaDK 10-07-2005 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire, Party, Eurobet, appx 10 tables, V2, Auto arrange was off.
Move active table was ON (the problem has only occurred when that is on).

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem most likely arises from the fact that auto arrange is off.

When auto arrange is off, each table stores it's last location, and when it's told to move away from the active location, it moves to the stored location.

The stored location get's saved the moment the table moves to the active location. So in the case you open a table and it immediatly gets moved to the active location, it'll be moved back to where it came from - which might very possible be in the active location. When auto arrange is off, MTH cannot guarantee that the active location is kept free from tables, you'll have to arrange the tables yourself.

But still, MTH should move tables to an from the active location, and it should still work. If a table is blocking, it should simply be a matter of removing it, and then it's location get's updated the next time it's activated.

There's a new version coming out tomorrow, it'll feature a setting that forces the active table to be the topmost, no matter what. That might help to solve the problem.

PrincipalSkinner 10-14-2005 06:18 PM

I have a mysterious case of "disappearing tables."

Just getting around to experimenting with v2.

I load a couple of tables into the "waiting" position just as I did with v1. When a table goes active, it just disappears off into places unknown, never to be seen again. I have a laptop with one additional monitor. When active, the table is supposed to move to the upper right corner of the monitor; but where it goes, nobody knows. Had to close down the site.

Nobody else has mentioned this phenomenon. ???

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

10-14-2005 06:30 PM

Re V2: I have had trouble finding tables also. I can hear the prompt and, in task bar, I can see their tab blinking, but cannot get them to show.

Also, V2 crashes when I have a lot of tables open (freezes or closes, w an error (that I didn't note [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]b/c I was busy trying to open V1)).

I listed some other problems last week.

I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor.

10-14-2005 06:50 PM

After working fine for 20-30 minute periods 8-tabling, I am also seeing MTH v2 crash with error promt "Invalid Setup". When restarted, it runs for increasingly shorter intervals before crashing. After several restarts, it will only go a few hands.

Speaking of setup, do you have to open MTHv2 though WinRAR every use or can you get remove WinRAR once you have a shortcut set up straight to MTHv2?

10-14-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of setup, do you have to open MTHv2 though WinRAR every use or can you get remove WinRAR once you have a shortcut set up straight to MTHv2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use WinRAR whenever opening any MTH file (by default). I don't know anything about WinRAR, and close it immediately after starting MTH. It appears to be some kind of windows from fancy people.

PrincipalSkinner 10-14-2005 07:05 PM

"I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor. "

Same here--all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen. And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .

10-14-2005 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use auto-arrange. I set all the tables together in one corner of monitor two (or in a vertical arrangement, offset by 1/4"). When I want to see the action through to the end of a hand, I pull the table out of the stack immediately after it is returned there (i.e., before it gets buried). This is a hassle (by our new and improved MTH standards). I hope that Orca will create a new command that will allow tables to move temporarilly to new locations, that we specify, for the duration of a hand, and then resume their normal fixed location at the start of the next hand. Because multi-tablers are rarely involved a lot of hands simultaneously, this function would allow 2 monitors to handle as many tables as any one person could possbily play, without loss of ability to follow the action as needed.

[ QUOTE ]
And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that would be brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ] By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea. Good question.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor. "

Same here--all I need is some way to scoot the tables over to my monitor so I can do other stuff on my main screen. And, of course, the option to play other sites when possible.

By the way, I noticed when I was downloading v2 that one of those setup programs that's required is only free for a 60-day trial (RAR?). I hope there's a workaround so that we can download future versions of MTH without having to buy the set-up program . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

WinRAR can be used for more than the 60 days. I'm only using WinRAR in the beta development since i can't put .exe's up on my website due to security reasons imposed by myself. I'm going to use the ZIP format in the future, that's builtin to Windows XP, so everyone should be able to use it.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After working fine for 20-30 minute periods 8-tabling, I am also seeing MTH v2 crash with error promt "Invalid Setup". When restarted, it runs for increasingly shorter intervals before crashing. After several restarts, it will only go a few hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please take a screenshot of the error if you can next time it occurs.

You have to extract the MTH file from the WinRAR file. Right click on it and select "Extract...", or doubleclick it and drag the MTH.exe file out of the window onto your desktop. Running it from inside the WinRAR file could potentially cause problems.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Re V2: I have had trouble finding tables also. I can hear the prompt and, in task bar, I can see their tab blinking, but cannot get them to show.

Also, V2 crashes when I have a lot of tables open (freezes or closes, w an error (that I didn't note [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]b/c I was busy trying to open V1)).

I listed some other problems last week.

I am only using V1 at this point, which I find stable and the greatest thing to have come from the microprocessor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please snap a screenshot if possible next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a mysterious case of "disappearing tables."

Just getting around to experimenting with v2.

I load a couple of tables into the "waiting" position just as I did with v1. When a table goes active, it just disappears off into places unknown, never to be seen again. I have a laptop with one additional monitor. When active, the table is supposed to move to the upper right corner of the monitor; but where it goes, nobody knows. Had to close down the site.

Nobody else has mentioned this phenomenon. ???

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played with v2 both with, and without, the secondary monitor? Theoretically you should be able to choose an active table location on the secondary monitor, and then if you unplug the secondary monitor - without changing the active table location back to the primary monitor - MTH will still think that it should place the table at the secondary monitor, alas outside the primary monitors screen area.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:30 AM

Thanks all for giving it a go with v2. I'm releasing a new version this night which includes a logging feature. This logging feature should enable me to more accurately pinpoint what is causing your troubles.

BigBrother 10-15-2005 02:12 PM

Ever since I downloaded and started testing v2, my MTH v1 does not work anymore. I have them in separate directories. Anyone else have that problem?

v2 definitely seems slower and seems to use more resources.

Using MTH to 'highlight' the table, not move it...with 4-6 tables arranged on a 2001FP, I will get the audio cue that action is required, but have to wait 2-3 seconds for the red outline to highlight the table needing action. Also sometimes after my action (via keyboard) MTH stalls on that table instead of moving on to the next table.

Also MTHv2 seems to have lost the capability to show me how long since last action at a table (to find stalled tables and tell me to go get them back online).

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since I downloaded and started testing v2, my MTH v1 does not work anymore. I have them in separate directories. Anyone else have that problem?

v2 definitely seems slower and seems to use more resources.

Using MTH to 'highlight' the table, not move it...with 4-6 tables arranged on a 2001FP, I will get the audio cue that action is required, but have to wait 2-3 seconds for the red outline to highlight the table needing action. Also sometimes after my action (via keyboard) MTH stalls on that table instead of moving on to the next table.

Also MTHv2 seems to have lost the capability to show me how long since last action at a table (to find stalled tables and tell me to go get them back online).

[/ QUOTE ]

Try turning off the audio cue in MTH if you're using that one, i've had problems with that myself. The next release contains a function to move stalled tables (tables where you're either not seated, or is sitting out) to a specific location. That should make it easier to identify tables where you need to rebuy or need to take a seat, thus eliminating the need for a table showing when the last action occured.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 06:14 PM

Ok, a new version is out.

# Added keyboard control options
# Added option to move tables on which you're not seated / sitting out to a special location
# Added option for selecting where tables should go when using auto arrange
# Improved monitor detection
# Added option to force the active table to become topmost
# Added option for logging
# Removed option for playing sound when a table becomes active.

Please go to preferences and enable logging. Then run MTH for some time and see if there are still problems. If there is, please email me the log file with a detailed description of what went wrong.

This release is zipped, so there's no need for WinRAR any more. Also please note that there's now two files, the .EXE and a .PDB. The .PDB file enables the logging to be more precise. This file will not be included in the final release, and it's not necessary unless you want to provide me with detailed logging.

You can download MTH here.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 07:45 PM

Update.

# Added option to move cursor to the active table when it activates

You can download MTH here.

PrincipalSkinner 10-15-2005 07:51 PM

OK, I load up the new version, set the active table to go to the upper right quadrant of monitor2, stuff 2 party tables mostly out of sight in the lower left quadrant of monitor2.

I wait eagerly for the first hand.

Bingo, a table goes active and pops up into the top right quadrant of monitor1. OK, no biggie, I'm sure that can be debugged. At least now I can see the table when it moves--so far so good!!

It gets better--this very first hand I had automatically prepaid the big blind and see that I have been dealt KQ and the flop is KKQ. I can't believe it, and I can hardly wait as the play moves around the table to me. Here it comes! And then, when the action gets to me--POOF, the table disappears. Nothing to do but watch the blinking light in the bottom bar that says somewhere there is a table that wants to give me money, if I only knew where!!

Closed the site--I don't think I'm cut out to be a beta tester! I'll stick to version1 until people who know more than I do about computers have worked on this for awhile--Thanks, guys!

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 07:55 PM

Sorry to hear that. Please send me the log file from that session to mark(add)improve.dk, i really don't stand a chance to find out what is happening without the log file.

PrincipalSkinner 10-15-2005 08:20 PM

I don't know JACK about log files, but I seem to recall that there were instructions somewhere in the first MTH thread. I'll work on it tomorrow--it's the least I can do--thanks again for all you've done!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 08:31 PM

It's in the new version. Enter preferences and turn on logging (at the bottom of the window). MTH should create a file called "LOG.txt" in the same directory as the MTH.exe file.

EDIT: Please be aware that this log file get's rewritten each time you start MTH, so it's important to save it after experiencing an error, before you restart MTH.

10-15-2005 10:25 PM

I used it for about 40 minutes. Some problems:

1. Bet box entries using keyboard number keys, are not always communicated to the raise button (the default number stays on the button). When using the sliding bet adjustment, the button number changes appropriately. The error is inconsistent. I don’t see a pattern.

2. With Auto table on: Tables don’t have set locations(intentional?). That is, they go to quadrants, but not the same one each time.

3. While playing (5 tables), I turned off auto tables and tried to manually place the tables. This led to problems immediately: tables disappeared after being the active table (they would only return when active). I then closed mth and reopened it. This resulted immediately to an error (possibly the same as the one below). I hit “continue”, which led to the error below.

I will send you’re the error log, but don't have your email.

I guess I can't paste the screen shot of the error. I will send it also by email.

OrcaDK 10-15-2005 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used it for about 40 minutes. Some problems:

1. Bet box entries using keyboard number keys, are not always communicated to the raise button (the default number stays on the button). When using the sliding bet adjustment, the button number changes appropriately. The error is inconsistent. I don’t see a pattern.

2. With Auto table on: Tables don’t have set locations(intentional?). That is, they go to quadrants, but not the same one each time.

3. While playing (5 tables), I turned off auto tables and tried to manually place the tables. This led to problems immediately: tables disappeared after being the active table (they would only return when active). I then closed mth and reopened it. This resulted immediately to an error (possibly the same as the one below). I hit “continue”, which led to the error below.

I will send you’re the error log, but don't have your email.

I guess I can't paste the screen shot of the error. I will send it also by email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for testing!

1)
This is a "bug" that i'm experiencing often too. I really can't say why it's happening, and as you've experienced, there isn't really a notable pattern. My experience though, is that it doesn't matter. Even if the button doesn't update, it should raise the entered amount.

2)
The current algorithm simply finds the "most unused quadrant". That is it runs from quadrant 1 to quadrant 16 and checks how many tables are in each quadrant. It does ofcourse skip quadrants that are either out of the current monitor range, or that has been disabled. Then it checks which quadrant has the fewest tables, again starting from quadrant 1 going through 16. If it finds a quadrant with 0 tables, it'll use that one immediatly, and won't bother checking the rest of the quadrants.

The auto arrange feature was implemented with the though of people running a lot of tables with overlap. If you're running fewer tables it might be better to not use the auto arrange feature.

3)
Turning on / off the auto arrange feature is one of those changes that requires a restart. It should ofcourse not result in an error, but i will only take effect as the tables become active and not inactive again. When you say that the disappear, do you then mean outside the monitor, or just below other tables?

--

Please do send me the log and screenshot of the error. My email address is in the "About" dialog in the Help menu.

--

I've uploaded a new version of MTH. This version should be vastly improved regarding speed. download