Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   William at the final table of the Omaha Pot Limit at Stars. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=72605)

William 03-09-2004 07:13 PM

William at the final table of the Omaha Pot Limit at Stars.

Come and say hello if you are in the neighbourhood [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

La Brujita 03-09-2004 07:25 PM

Re: William at the final table of the Omaha Pot Limit at Stars.

In first with six left!

David BB 03-09-2004 08:06 PM

Tillykke William [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] !

William 03-09-2004 08:16 PM

Thanks, it was nice to win at Stars again.

And many thanks to all my friends that came to the table to say hi [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Much apreciated [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

William

La Brujita 03-10-2004 12:40 AM

William,

You da man!!!

I never play PLO so just inform me; is there a reason you mini raise in PLO (typically you don't in Hold'em). Were you trying to avoid building big pots preflop and tangling with big stacks?

Stoneii 03-10-2004 04:20 AM

Congratulations William

I looked in for a while just after the 2+2 SnG and you were cruising, then got called to a SnG game and forgot to check back. Nice one.

Only partially makes up for finishing on bubble of 2+2 game but it'll help heal the wound I'm sure [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Stoneii

TylerD 03-10-2004 05:48 AM

Yeah great result, I was trying to keep an eye on you whilst playing some SnGs so I couldn't cheer you on that much, but you seemed to do OK without my moral suppport. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

William 03-10-2004 08:48 AM

Thanks again everyone.

LB, to answer your question about mini-raises, tournament omaha is often raising with AA, wich comes around much more often than in Texas, so a min raise, in early or middle position, usually means good cards (KK or QQ) and as it is pot-limit, is building the pot for a substantial raise on the flop.

However, I think you are still thinking NL and what you considered a mini raise was probably just a pot raise.

Take care,
William

La Brujita 03-10-2004 09:08 AM

Thanks W,

BTW I am slow, but not that slow, they were minimum raises. Blinds 3000-6000 you raised to 12000 with KK then flopped a set of kings.

Have a little faith in your disciples Mr. Top of the Heap!

Again, all the best on all of your success.

William 03-10-2004 09:15 AM

Ok, I remember that. It's just as I said then, testing the ground for an eventual AA hand [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]