Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   $20/$40 7-Stud high: Building a big pot, but should I slow down? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350360)

Bartholow 10-04-2005 03:28 PM

$20/$40 7-Stud high: Building a big pot, but should I slow down?

Something felt off here, maybe it's just that I don't play enough multiway pots. My hand always looks like it has decent equity, but does that mean I should just keep betting? I guess mainly I'm asking about 5th, though I could see benefits to trying to checkraise 4th as well.

3rd street completer is good, aggressive (this should not be read as super tight though). Others are slightly too loose.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___raises

4th Street - (8.80 SB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (5.90 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (7.90 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.90 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Jeffage 10-04-2005 03:33 PM

Re: $20/$40 7-Stud high: Building a big pot, but should I slow down?

You want a volume pot with this hand. Bet the piss out of it. 4th is good. 5th is good too b/c you're hand has improved and can take some heat (and even if you hadn't improved, I'd still likely bet).

Jeff

Roland 10-04-2005 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
though I could see benefits to trying to checkraise 4th as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean not re-raising on 3rd but rather waiting till 4th and then raise if you catch another heart? Because you can’t check-raise 4th, can you.

5th street is strange - what the hell was seat 7 calling with? Dead 3-flush huh? I would bet here too, though. If he’s going for the check-raise with trip deuces, so be it. You have a ton of outs.

Bartholow 10-04-2005 05:22 PM

Good point that I can't checkraise, which makes that bet a lot more obvious I suppose.

Andy B 10-05-2005 02:03 AM

Looks good to me.

mscags 10-05-2005 02:14 AM

I'm salivating at the prospects on this one. I bet all day.

sexdrugsmoney 10-05-2005 04:49 AM

Beautiful catch on 4th for this one, I think 'autobetting' is the only way to go, tough break.

Bartholow 10-05-2005 08:32 AM

Tough break? I haven't even posted the results...

sexdrugsmoney 10-05-2005 08:37 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
Tough break? I haven't even posted the results...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ... I just felt because of the board, the tone of your post (whatever that is on the "net") and the omission of your opponents action that you lost this hand. (to a flush?)

Maybe I'm wrong.

Chris Daddy Cool 10-05-2005 09:07 AM

your hand keeps getting better and better, no reason not to keep on betting.