Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Poker Edge? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=273816)

avisco01 06-15-2005 10:30 PM

Poker Edge?

Just wondering if anyone uses Poker Edge, or similar software. If so, what does it tell you about me? I know, I know, I'm a sucker...

brettbrettr 06-15-2005 10:33 PM

Re: Poker Edge?

For you, sucker.

avisco01 06-15-2005 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For you, sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it makes sense to ask this question in the software threads...can't help being a life long sucker...

brettbrettr 06-15-2005 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For you, sucker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, it makes sense to ask this question in the software threads...can't help being a life long sucker...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be too hard on yourself.

avisco01 06-15-2005 10:49 PM

Thanks for the kind words, its one of my main flaws in poker, and in life.

CallMeIshmael 06-15-2005 11:33 PM

I have you at 18.3/7.5.

You are winning at a rate of: -8.63BB/100

Over 441 hands.

avisco01 06-16-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have you at 18.3/7.5.

Over 441 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, pretty awful. Ok, what does 18.3 / 7.5 mean? Obviously as you can see from my stats, I'm quite the losing player, which is why I have interest in this poker edge thing, looking for anything to help me. I make a lot of mistakes post flop, I'm pretty tight preflop usually, except that I'm highly susceptible to going on tilt after a a bad beat. Personally, I have to learn to control my emotions and make better post flop decisions. Stop calling down with top pair top kicker when it appears someone has outdrawn me for instance. Thanks for posting my embarrassing stats though, I'm sure everyone who reads this thread will be licking their chops when they see me enter a game...

Octopus 06-16-2005 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have you at 18.3/7.5.

Over 441 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch, pretty awful. Ok, what does 18.3 / 7.5 mean? Obviously as you can see from my stats, I'm quite the losing player, which is why I have interest in this poker edge thing, looking for anything to help me. I make a lot of mistakes post flop, I'm pretty tight preflop usually, except that I'm highly susceptible to going on tilt after a a bad beat. Personally, I have to learn to control my emotions and make better post flop decisions. Stop calling down with top pair top kicker when it appears someone has outdrawn me for instance. Thanks for posting my embarrassing stats though, I'm sure everyone who reads this thread will be licking their chops when they see me enter a game...

[/ QUOTE ]

1. 441 hands is nothing. Win rates based on 441 hands are meaningless. These stats are not embarrassing, just unfortunate.

2. 18.3/7.5 means you are (at least superficially) playing reasonably pre-flop, although, you might consider raising a bit more. (It means you voluntarily play 18.3% of the hands you are dealt (not free looks in the big blind), raising with 7.5% on them.)

3. Calling down with TPTK is almost certianly not a big leak for you.

4. Going on tilt probably is, though.

5. Almost everyone here uses PokerTracker, and with good reason. I do not know much about PokerEdge.

6. Your post-flop play would have to be pretty bad before you would make my buddy list, given your tightness pre-flop.

avisco01 06-16-2005 11:00 AM

Octopus,

Thanks for your insights. The stats would look much worse had there been a larger sample as I've played many more than 441 hands on Party. I definitely am going to be investing in Poker Tracker as soon as tonight. The main problem I have is that I can't identify my weaknesses. I try to make the best decisions I can from hand to hand but things never seem to work out. I don't want to cry "unlucky" or anything, but I've been involved in some pretty bad ones, as I'm sure we all have. One question regarding the 18.3 / 7.5, what would be "normal" percentages? I'm sure it varies from player to player obviously, but just checking to see what typically is considered correct in that area.

ElAnimal 06-16-2005 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for posting my embarrassing stats though, I'm sure everyone who reads this thread will be licking their chops when they see me enter a game

[/ QUOTE ]

You're good enough, you're smart enough and doggone it, people like you.

One of the first things you need to play winning poker is a little confidence. Snap out of it.