Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Ivey vs Prahlad (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=382119)

The Truth 11-20-2005 03:10 PM

Ivey vs Prahlad

I heard somewhere that ivey and prahlad played a lot on full tilt awhile back and prah smashed ivey.

Any details on this?

blake

Bartman387 11-20-2005 03:49 PM

Re: Ivey vs Prahlad

[ QUOTE ]
I heard somewhere that ivey and prahlad played a lot on full tilt awhile back and Ivey smashed Prah .

Any details on this?
blake

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TheMainEvent 11-20-2005 04:29 PM

What was kinda funny was Ivey would win a huge pot and then bounce immmediately without saying anything. I don't know if he meant to hit and run but it really set SR off.

fsuplayer 11-20-2005 09:06 PM

i only scouted it a bit for 2 nights and both nights pra was up to 40-50k and ivey was at the original buy in.

AEKDBet 11-21-2005 03:39 AM

yeah what fsu said. From what I saw Ivey was on the losing end.

benkahuna 11-21-2005 06:56 AM

I read it in Phil Gordon's book.
I've heard it on the net.
I heard it from Gigabet's brother.

Spirit Rock makes more money online than anyone. He's taken good chunks of change from Mike Matusow, Phil Hellmuth, Phil Gordon, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ivey were included in this group as well.

Apparently he's got this whole internet poker thingie pretty well figured out.

fsuplayer 11-21-2005 11:20 AM

i dont know anything about gordon's book. is it a strategy guide?

and in what context is prahlad brought up?

cwsiggy 11-21-2005 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know anything about gordon's book. is it a strategy guide?

and in what context is prahlad brought up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gordon's book is a book on no limit lessons. Mostly tourney related but can apply to cash games.

He profiles some players and calls Prahlad "BOW" - biggest online winner and goes over why his game is essentially "unbeatable.."
He basically says Prahlad sees cheap flops, and massivley overbets made hands and premium draws. He gives a hand EV example to explain the math on a typical Prahlad move.

dibbs 11-21-2005 12:31 PM

I wouldnt call it "a lot" but it was a few days of a lot of multi-tabling. I remember Ivey beating up SR a bit at times but thats the swings of HUNL, I watched a fair amount over a few days and it seems prah was up in the end hard to tell for certain though unless someone watched all of it. I was curious if anyone had datamined it or something though for real results. Crazy how open and closed Iveys game was at times, even compared to SR.

More interesting/amusing a few days later was the big pot AQ high hand with matusow and the ensuing blowup.

This stuff is incredibly fun to type about when I have a term paper that needs to be finished by 1 pm.

TheWorstPlayer 11-21-2005 12:51 PM

Yes, this was brilliant. There was good thread about it. MM called a big bet correctly with AQ high to win a big pot. There was a huge blowup afterwards with PF talking a lot of smack about how MM was terrible and was going broke, etc. MM talked a lot of smack back. And then got wiped out fairly quickly thereafter making some horrendous calls of more overbets.