Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What do you do? Line checks, BBuddy and unknown (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397588)

Denutz 12-13-2005 01:02 PM

What do you do? Line checks, BBuddy and unknown

Line check - I'll be damned if I can figure out how I should have played this. Thoughts? I thought it was a clear fold on the end, but does anybody stick around for the s8 draw. I had trouble figuring out what he could have and that made me worried that maybe the J and K of hearts were not outs.

Hand #1:

Table Table 68514 (No DP) (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: BB ( $2000)
Seat 2: UTG ( $1970)
Seat 4: EP ( $4079.50)
Seat 5: MP ( $1980)
Seat 6: LP ( $2096)
Seat 7: Button / Hero ( $5100)
Seat 8: SB( $2889)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]

Fold around to me - Hero calls (20)(would most try to steal here?) BB was very aggro and I didn't want to get in a pissing war preflop with this hand.
SB calls (10)
BB checks.

Pot $60

** Dealing Flop ** : [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ]
SB checks.
BB bets (57)
Hero calls (57)
SB folds.

Pot $174

** Dealing Turn ** : [ T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]
BB bets (140)
Hero raises (280) to 280
BB raises (660) to 800
Hero folds.

Standard? Should I have just called the bet with the odds to hit my s8? I didn't think he was strong and thought a min-raise might looks like I was a lot stronger than I was.

** Summary **
Main Pot: $1251 | Rake: $3
Board: [ Qs 9h 7d Th ]

Hand #2: Does anybody take different flop / turn lines?

Table Table 68514 (No DP) (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: EP2 ( $2000)
Seat 2: MP1 ( $2219)
Seat 3: MP2 ( $2715)
Seat 4: MP3 ( $4192.50)
Seat 5: LP ( $2000)
Seat 6: CO ( $2249)
Seat 7: Hero / Button ( $2354)
Seat 8: SB ( $2082)
Seat 9: BB ( $2452)
Seat 10: B_Budddy ( $2487)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
B_Budddy calls (20)
EP2 calls (20)
MP1 folds.
MP2 folds.
MP3 (20)
LP1 (20)
Hero raises (60) to 60
SB folds.
BB folds.
B_Budddy calls (40)
EP2 calls (40)
MP1 calls (40)
LP calls (40)

Pot $330

** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
B_Budddy bets (260)
Folds around
Hero calls (260) - like the call here? I figured he had a good hand to be betting into 5 people and didn't want to raise him and then have him put me all in as a dog. I didn't think of it at the time, but does it also help me like like I have an overpair?

Pot $850

** Dealing Turn ** : [ 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]
B_Budddy bets (400)
Hero raises (1500) to 1500
B_Budddy raises (1767) to 2167
B_Budddy is all-In.
Hero calls (534)
Hero is all-In.
** Dealing River ** : [ 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ]

yvesaint 12-13-2005 01:06 PM

Re: What do you do? Line checks, BBuddy and unknown

raise more in hand 2 pre-flop or limp, as you can see, no one is ever going to fold for another 40 there

freehat 12-13-2005 01:30 PM

Hand 1, I raise preflop even against the aggro big blind. I would just call the turn, you said hes overaggro so hit your hand then put in the raise.

Hand 2, I raise more preflop or just limp, but postflop was played well, pushing the flop is fine too, but you have position so calling works.

craze9 12-13-2005 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold around to me - Hero calls (20)(would most try to steal here?) BB was very aggro and I didn't want to get in a pissing war preflop with this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you should raise. It has nothing to do with stealing (no intelligent person cares about the blinds), it has to do with building a pot in position and taking control of the hand.

Your turn raise was bad, espcially considering your comment about not wanting to get in a pissing contest with this guy because he is "aggro."

craze9 12-13-2005 01:53 PM

He wasn't trying to get anyone to fold. He was building a pot with a drawing hand.

That said, you should probably raise more, unless this is how you open all hands. If you raise differently w/ AA here, then your small raises are too obviously pot-builders.

yvesaint 12-13-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He wasn't trying to get anyone to fold. He was building a pot with a drawing hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

Python49 12-13-2005 02:01 PM

did you get rivered in the second hand there?

Fnord 12-13-2005 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... a better way to put it, is he has a pretty good hand and position. Raise for value, expecting to get more than your fair share back and to build a pot...

creedofhubris 12-13-2005 03:11 PM

Because you've picked up a good draw on the turn in hand #1, you shouldn't raise the turn unless you're going to call a reraise. Basically, you don't want to be blasted off your draw, which is exactly what happened.

Hand 2 looks fine.

KowCiller 12-13-2005 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because you've picked up a good draw on the turn in hand #1, you shouldn't raise the turn unless you're going to call a reraise. Basically, you don't want to be blasted off your draw, which is exactly what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi creed,

What about using this turn play to induce a cheap(er) showdown? When he gets 3bet, it's quite likely he is drawing slim, right?

Thanks,

KoW