Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   10 High Flush On The River Facing A Bet (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=405772)

Bendero 12-27-2005 05:19 AM

10 High Flush On The River Facing A Bet

SB is 60/0 after 10 hands.

A couple of things here.

Do I bet on the flop here with 3 others in the pot?

What do I do on the river with someone betting into me.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

River: (6 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ?.

Final Pot: 8 BB

cdxx 12-27-2005 05:22 AM

Re: 10 High Flush On The River Facing A Bet

bet the flop. there's almost never a good reason to not do a continuation bet, and this is a pretty good flop for you, even facing 3 callers.

call the river. only two cards beat you, and you are probably good around 15% of the time, so the pot odds justify.

gharp 12-27-2005 05:25 AM

Not betting that flop is a pretty big mistake. Why are you worried about the number of people in the pot? You have a made hand -- you should be betting if there was 1 other person or 9.

I'd probably just call the river.

Chairman Wood 12-27-2005 09:33 AM

You really need to bet this flop. I can't think of a reason to not bet this flop. calling river is fine. I'm slightly tempted to raise but I just really hate the idea of opening myself up to a 3-bet

shagjohn 12-27-2005 10:14 AM

I think betting the flop makes sense to get more info? (granted, I've seen plenty of LAGs that would raise this flop w/ 64o to try to steal)

cdxx said there are only 2 cards that beat you, but there are also any 2 clubs, so I don't think a raise makes sense. If SB is a lag you almost have to call though, he might just be betting the scare card, and the pot is big.

I've won way too many big pots calling down super-lags w/ poor hands on scary boards... (maybe this is a leak though?)

boscoboy 12-27-2005 10:32 AM

call the river. only two cards beat you, and you are probably good around 15% of the time, so the pot odds justify.

interesting read on the board

boscoboy 12-27-2005 10:35 AM

cdxx said there are only 2 cards that beat you, but there are also any 2 clubs, so I don't think a raise makes sense. If SB is a lag you almost have to call though, he might just be betting the scare card, and the pot is big

and this guy fears "any two clubs" ??

am i missing something here? - bet the flop call the river

shagjohn 12-27-2005 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh... Somehow I got into the short-handed forum by accident (I'm new here). [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Makes sense to not be worried about the flush as much in a short-handed game.

12-27-2005 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh... Somehow I got into the short-handed forum by accident (I'm new here). [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize OP has the third nut flush? Only worried about vil holding A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

boscoboy 12-27-2005 11:03 AM

since you are new we can allow one more chance [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]- you do need to worry about the flush - however hero is 10 high so his primary concern is a higher flush (not any two clubs)
or a full house