Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I am the Donk. Fix me. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310791)

JihadOnTheRiver 08-08-2005 08:32 PM

I am the Donk. Fix me.

1 orbit, no reads. WTF am I doing? Sometimes I do these things and ask myself, WHILE my right hand is freaking clicking the wrong button, "WTF are you doing?" This is one of those times. I need to know if, once I pair on the turn, am I committed to the river? Should I be raising? Why the F didn't I just fold PF?

Party Poker (10 handed) $1 big blinds. All relevant stack sizes are ~$100.converter touches little boys

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

($3 pot)Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $3, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets $6, Hero calls.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

OK, so now what? I've donked up to this point, time to make a decent decision...

Flame away,
-Jihad

NYCNative 08-08-2005 08:37 PM

Re: I am the Donk. Fix me.

I'd probably play it thre same way except I might have raised the turn since the card looked like I hit a straight and might be able to take it down right there.

I make a value bet on the river of around $12 and call a reasonable raise. What do you put villain on here? He could have anything from TPTK to two pairs to a boat if he had the other three. I doubt he has the straight and most of his other holdings you beat.

MagicMan08 08-08-2005 08:37 PM

What?

ajmargarine 08-08-2005 08:43 PM

Fold preflop, fold on the flop, fold on the turn, then bet like crazy on the river.

JihadOnTheRiver 08-08-2005 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What?

[/ QUOTE ]
elaborate

poboy 08-08-2005 08:55 PM

C/R the flop and lead the turn. If you don't improve give up on the river if it gets there. The way the hand played out lead the river for ~$15. JMO

pokerjoker 08-08-2005 09:59 PM

raise river $15. I dont think the hand was all that bad really, but what do I know.

Macquarie 08-08-2005 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
C/R the flop and lead the turn. If you don't improve give up on the river if it gets there. The way the hand played out lead the river for ~$15. JMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that sound slike a lot of money to put in out of position with a draw that might have as few as three clean outs. Would you play this way against any opponent, or weak-tight villains only?

poboy 08-08-2005 10:19 PM

I wouldn't do this against a calling station, nor would I do it against someone who is capable of reraising on a draw(very very few do this). This actually works best against LAG's since they are most likely to be betting air themselves. Also works very well against weak-tight nits like myself. The downside to this is when villian really has a big hand, you're screwed. JMO

rikz 08-08-2005 10:24 PM

As I understand it, if you (selectively) play your OESDs and flush draws like your sets, you'll get paid off more on your sets, and at least break even on your draws (from folds and the occasional suck out).