Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   QQ and the worst possible flop. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399901)

Stealthy 12-16-2005 08:30 PM

QQ and the worst possible flop.

Only my 2nd day at $3 $6 so I expect I played this one very bad! Vilain is 46/23/2 over not too many hands. He has not got out of line that I have seen yet but is clearly quite aggressive with those stats.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

I am thinking that the check-raise on the flop is where I can put this down but I stayed for the 2 backdoor draws and to see whether my call slowed him down. On the river I could not see any hand I was beating for him to 3 bet me from the blinds and check-raise me on the flop.

12-16-2005 09:22 PM

Re: QQ and the worst possible flop.

i think we should probably fold the c/r. If not there, then the turn UI.

Stealthy 12-16-2005 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dropping the turn UI but picked up the nut flush draw so was committed to putting one more BB in.

mongoose51 12-16-2005 10:00 PM

On the flop the only hands that you could be beating are JJ, TT, 99 , and I don't see him check raising the flop with one of those hands unless he is a complete maniac.

Have you seen him do this with a relatively weak hand previously? The better your read of him the better the decision you can make.

It looks like you are beat on the flop, but peel and p/u the flush draw. Fold UI on rvr looks good to me.

POKhER 12-16-2005 10:11 PM

I think you played it fine. The only thing would be the flop, now im not sure the chances of a BDSD and BDFD coming in but i think 12:1 is enough to cover it(+2 outs for queens that may be clean)

turn and river are fine, i think A/K he has often and isn't bluffing.

Why you think you misplayed it?

12-16-2005 10:11 PM

He's given you a free card on the flop, I'd take it. The rest of the hand plays itself.

POKhER 12-16-2005 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's given you a free card on the flop, I'd take it. The rest of the hand plays itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be bluffed on the turn often and won't know where you stand. You may also have the best hand and giving him a free card when a FD is on the flop sucks.

hes got about 4-5 outs i think this is fine play and i'd not change a thing.

if someone puts up a good arguement it'll be good though as maybe i misplay this too...

12-16-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be bluffed on the turn often and won't know where you stand. You may also have the best hand and giving him a free card when a FD is on the flop sucks.

if someone puts up a good arguement it'll be good though as maybe i misplay this too...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a bad flop for queens, especially w/ all the action p/f. The hero kept the lead w/ his cap which is standard, why would villion want to take the lead away by donking on the flop? Unless it is to set up an elaborate bluff his flop c/r fits with the way a monster would be played.

So monster makes the most sense to me so I take the free card on the flop. I really don't care if I get bluffed from time to time. I'm okay with being bluffable, at least I'm not spraying chips when way behind like so many unbluffable players.

12-16-2005 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was dropping the turn UI but picked up the nut flush draw so was committed to putting one more BB in.

[/ QUOTE ]

right--I missed that.

FWIW, there are different kinds of backdoor straight draws. With this one you have to hit two cards in sequence exactly, either the J, then the T or the T, then the J, so I get 2*(4/47)*(4/46). This comes to 1.48% by the river or ~67:1, which is like less than .5 outs.

POKhER 12-16-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is just a bad flop for queens, especially w/ all the action p/f. The hero kept the lead w/ his cap which is standard, why would villion want to take the lead away by donking on the flop? Unless it is to set up an elaborate bluff his flop c/r fits with the way a monster would be played.

So monster makes the most sense to me so I take the free card on the flop. I really don't care if I get bluffed from time to time. I'm okay with being bluffable, at least I'm not spraying chips when way behind like so many unbluffable players.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying you take a free card every time on a AKx flop with QQ?

I bet if the OP cut the action off the flop you'd be thinking differently. If not thats very weak.

SB can easily have JJ/TT/99 - its 6max, not full ring.

23% PREFLOP RAISE with 2AF?