Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Worst Steven Spielberg Film? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=406011)

TheNoodleMan 12-28-2005 02:10 PM

Re: Worst Steven Spielberg Film?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, it's refreshing to see quite a few bad movies on this list, and realize that even the best in their fields make mistakes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Variance is a bitch

HopeydaFish 12-28-2005 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get all the hate on A.I. and War of the Worlds, I liked them both. The endings were a little weak but I don't think that they ruined the entire movie.

[/ QUOTE ]
If A.I. ended when Haley Joel Osment was on the bottom of the ocean looking at the Blue Fairy saying "Make me a boy" over and over again, and faded to black, cue John Williams score, it would have been a MUCH stronger ending, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's why I thought that the ending was tacked-on afterwards. At the time, I thought that they'd originally ended the movie with him at the bottom of the ocean but that test audiences hadn't liked it, so they added the aliens/robots ending.

Turns out that the horrible ending was meant to be there all along.

SmileyPSU 12-28-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going with Hook

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the worst movie I ever saw as a kid, save The Sound of Music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I really liked this movie as a kid

[/ QUOTE ]

The first time my parents tried to get me to watch this, I started crying and threw a tantrum halfway through because I hated it so much. I've never seen it since. I couldn't tell you what it's about. I couldn't even tell you why I hated it so much because it's been so long. I just know that whenever that movie gets mentioned the sheer disdain that I had as a kid comes back out, and I have to complain about it.

And I liked Mary Poppins when I was a kid so it's not like I was anti-musical or anti-Julie Andrews. Just hated that damn movie so much.

yoadrians 12-28-2005 09:38 PM

War of the Worlds was at least entertaining. AI was pretty interesting. There are a few I haven't seen (1941), but out of the ones on the list, I think Amistad is an easy choice. Very, very boring.

cdxx 12-28-2005 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
War of the Worlds ... by FAR. That was the worst written storyline in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

um...wow.

methinks Orson Welles would disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

could you mean H.G. Wells?

people, we already had this discussion. WotW is not the worst movie ever. that is clearly battlefield earth. WotW ending is not the worst movie ending ever. frankly, i can't even blame spielberg for staying faithful to the book ending. i doubt better execution would make it any better. fwiw, the book is a classic in spite of qualms over the ending.

diebitter 12-28-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
War of the Worlds ... by FAR. That was the worst written storyline in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

um...wow.

methinks Orson Welles would disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

people, we already had this discussion. WotW is not the worst movie ever. that is clearly battlefield earth. WotW ending is not the worst movie ending ever. frankly, i can't even blame spielberg for staying faithful to the book ending. i doubt better execution would make it any better. fwiw, the book is a classic in spite of qualms over the ending.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, someone else who's fortunate enough not to have seen Highlander 2, huh?

SmileyPSU 12-28-2005 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh, someone else who's fortunate enough not to have seen Highlander 2, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise you The Omega Code starring Casper van Dien.

Blarg 12-29-2005 12:44 AM

In a way, I think someone seeing Highlander 2 is being dispensed some justice.

Niwa 12-29-2005 12:56 AM

A.I ftw.

theBruiser500 12-29-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Color Purple and Amistad are obvious choices. Why you would choose to make those movies is beyond me.

I haven't seen The Terminal but I can't see how it could be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

the terminal is good