Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   DO NOT GO BROKE IN AN UNRAISED POT? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371476)

youngin20 11-03-2005 11:48 PM

DO NOT GO BROKE IN AN UNRAISED POT?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG ($40)
MP ($181.35)
CO ($80)
Button ($200.25)
Hero ($82.70)
BB ($69.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls $2, CO (poster) checks, Button calls $2, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($12) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($12) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP bets $8</font>, CO folds, Button folds, Hero calls $8, BB calls $8, UTG calls $8.

River: ($44) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB bets $59.65 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, Hero ???

11-03-2005 11:50 PM

Re: DO NOT GO BROKE IN AN UNRAISED POT?

Easy call IMO - you have shown no strength at all throughout the hand

And btw I prefer to lead this flop

youngin20 11-03-2005 11:52 PM

I understand I have equity on the flop, and should push it, but this table was a bit aggro, and hoped someone would do my betting for me

Rockatansky 11-03-2005 11:53 PM

Barring a read to the contrary, I'm calling this every day and twice on Sunday. You'll see a smaller flush or donked trips most of the time. If Villain showed you a boat this time, oh well.

11-03-2005 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand I have equity on the flop, and should push it, but this table was a bit aggro, and hoped someone would do my betting for me

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all the more reason to lead the flop. Hope it get's raised, then 3-bet all in

ajmargarine 11-04-2005 12:45 AM

There's definitely potential trouble here. It's BB who pushes, not MP who led the betting on the turn. Nevertheless, I'm calling.

scrapperdog 11-04-2005 01:01 AM

I fold this. I just dont like having all my money in on an unraised pot with a pair on the board. If the pot was raised you could put someone on AK or KQ and call.

mayesie 11-04-2005 01:38 AM

Actually, I believe the more accurate term is "Don't go broke in a nothing pot".

In this hand, the pot is far from nothing at the River (through no fault of your own, I might add). The BB is unlikely to be holding AK because he checked his option. I also don't give him credit for a flopped set because a strong bet on this flop is mandatory (unless he has a very good reason to believe someone else will bet the flop).

Do you have a read on the BB? I probably give him credit for Kx or a smaller flush and call. Based on the manner in which the hand was played, I'd be surprised if he turned over the Full House.

swolfe 11-04-2005 01:58 AM

meh, lead the flop.

definitely lead the turn.

okay, you didn't, so check-raise nice and big.

no? okay, uhhhh....block the river? guess not...

definitely call.

youngin20 11-04-2005 02:33 AM

The weird thing is...how does CRing the turn define my hand? It screams flush right? So its 8 to me, CR to 30? Results in a bit.