Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   5/10 River Raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=403198)

12-22-2005 09:09 AM

Re: 5/10 River Raise

looks like he just went to rive with his backdoor flush.

POKhER 12-22-2005 09:11 AM

Dont raise river, otherwise i like it.

12-22-2005 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the flop or the river. The flop raise rarely cleans up your outs but it's not worth the extra cost and risk, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't raise the river either, but I would probably routinely raise this flop. Could you embelish on your reasons why raising this flop is not such a good idea.

We have approximately 8.5 outs and we can play for a free card or fold out hands like A5, Q5, AT, QT? Is the reason we don't raise because they are unlikely to fold these types of hands, or that they just don't happen frequently enough to cover our equity deficit?

True

12-22-2005 11:05 AM

river raise is atrocious

Guruman 12-22-2005 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't raise the river either, but I would probably routinely raise this flop. Could you embelish on your reasons why raising this flop is not such a good idea.

We have approximately 8.5 outs and we can play for a free card or fold out hands like A5, Q5, AT, QT? Is the reason we don't raise because they are unlikely to fold these types of hands, or that they just don't happen frequently enough to cover our equity deficit?

True

[/ QUOTE ]

we're probably getting threebet with a lot of the hands that you listed as wanting to fold, because those guys like to read pf raises as auto UI overs on these type of flops.

Also, the probability of a freecard is slimmer than usual, since a flop lead into the pfr is usually indicative of at least a pair, and you'll likely see a stopngo from that kind of hand.

I tend to raise this HU, check through the turn UI and call a river bet.

With this many players in though, there are tons of worse draws and pairs that could follow along behind us that we don't want to push out.

I like a peel and a turn reeval.

sometimes straightforward play is the most deceptive. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guruman 12-22-2005 11:17 AM

...also, a tag could be anticipating a raise from us here with a weak made hand, hoping we'll clear the field.

Lets not help him out with that.

Redd 12-22-2005 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
river raise is atrocious

[/ QUOTE ]

posts like this are atrocious

jba 12-22-2005 12:15 PM

I'm not a big fan of raising the flop with overs these days, but I like this spot. He could be betting with a lot of hands or maybe an open ender, and we have extras like the gutshot and the bdfd to back us up. I think it's close though and I don't hate a call.

The river raise is pretty bad. There's no way in hell you have a 9 in your hand and he very well might. The only hands that are going to fold here are worse ones, and I don't know how much value you're going to get here from a T/J - most combos with a T or J have improved to beat you by the river...