Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KK line check. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=404789)

12-24-2005 10:05 PM

KK line check.

2/4 6-max, new to the game, no reads.

I post in the CO, two limpers to me, I raise, SB folds, everyone else calls.

To the flop for 8.5SB, flop comes Q72 rainbow. Checked to me, I bet, only UTG calls, everyone else folds.

Turn (5.25BB) comes another Q completing the rainbow, checked to me, I bet, UTG check-raises, I fold.

Looking back, checking the turn and getting one bet in on the river seems better. Comments?

Edit: Obv. calling down is another option getting 8.25:2.

Jinx 12-24-2005 10:10 PM

Re: KK line check.

checking the turn would be very results oriented. I personally never post, but I've seen arguements that it's not that bad. Calling down and folding is player dependant. At 2/4 this might be a fold. at 5/10 against an unknown I never fold this.

12-24-2005 10:10 PM

I wouldn't fold without a strong a read, at least a call down is in order. My river play sucks, but I quite like calling the turn and raise/fold river line.

milesdyson 12-24-2005 10:34 PM

i want to check turn and call a river bet.

pros to checking the turn:

1. the Q is likely to have hit a UTG limping hand.
2. we are either drawing to 2 outs or he is drawing to 2 outs.
3. he may bluff bet the river with many hands that would just fold the turn. he may also value bet with pocket pairs expecting us to call with A/K high.
4. we get to showdown
5. we never get put to the test by a turn check raise.

cons:

1. we miss out on value if he is planning to call down.

ArturiusX 12-24-2005 11:05 PM

No, betting is always better. He's calling with too many worse hands. To check behind, we need to know hes folding worse hands but bluff betting a lot on the river.

OR if he's capable of bluff raising and its a spot where we have to lay it down and is capable of doing it as such a frequency that it would be a mistake not too (if he does it everytime, he makes a profit). This is not the board for this though, a better board would be 876 and T is the turn card. He's either got us nailed or we have him nailed.

Luv2DriveTT 12-24-2005 11:25 PM

Bet, call the turn raise, and see the river because you probably have a winning hand. There are some scenarios where I three-bet that turn (this is not one of them).

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

mmbt0ne 12-24-2005 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't fold without a strong a read, at least a call down is in order. My river play sucks, but I quite like calling the turn and raise/fold river line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really don't like this. Don't try to get fancy here. If you're going to the river against an unknown, just call it.

12-25-2005 12:06 AM

Yeah, I've very rarely done it just throwing it out there as sometimes I think I don't play my big pairs strong enough on the river.

mmbt0ne 12-25-2005 12:08 AM

I mean, it's certainly an interesting line. I just don't like doing many things that will make a big pot bigger, and then force me to fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

milesdyson 12-25-2005 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is not the board for this though, a better board would be 876 and T is the turn card. He's either got us nailed or we have him nailed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Q72 rainbow and UTG check calls it. Q turn. the bolded part of your post applies much more in this hand than in your example.

the differences are that in your hand, he ALWAYS has at least 4 outs to a split pot, and he has at least 5 outs with any part of the board. for instance, JT in your example has 9 outs to beat us.