Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Curtains Hand - JJ lvl3 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397761)

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:01 PM

Curtains Hand - JJ lvl3

I would have played this hand differently at a 33 for sure. What is everyone doing on the flop here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter

SB (t955)
BB (t245)
UTG (t2675)
UTG+1 (t970)
MP1 (t635)
MP2 (t1695)
MP3 (t1280)
Curtainz (t880)
Button (t665)

Preflop: Curtainz is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Curtainz raises to t150</font>, Button calls t150, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t375) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Curtainz...

RobGW 12-13-2005 06:24 PM

Re: Curtains Hand - JJ lvl3

check to induce the bluff and then calls the all in. What hands would villian flat call with? I think an A he would just push PF. With a lower to medium PP he could be calling PF and continuing on a safe looking flop hoping hero missed with AK. I'd check it and let him hang himself.

pineapple888 12-13-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check to induce the bluff and then calls the all in. What hands would villian flat call with? I think an A he would just push PF. With a lower to medium PP he could be calling PF and continuing on a safe looking flop hoping hero missed with AK. I'd check it and let him hang himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess you have to check/call, although that flop kinda sucks. Now the only reasonable hand we're beating is 99. Gotta hope he's a donk and did this with a low PP.

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:35 PM

villian is BiggBob if that matters.

curtains 12-13-2005 06:41 PM

Doesnt matter to me in this hand, I was curious about villian in the A6o hand though.

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Doesnt matter to me in this hand, I was curious about villian in the A6o hand though.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i would think it would matter more in this hand considering in the A6o hand its very hand for the villian to make a mistake after his minraise. meaning, he should call your push regardless.

curtains 12-13-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i would think it would matter more in this hand considering in the A6o hand its very hand for the villian to make a mistake after his minraise. meaning, he should call your push regardless.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is pretty brainless to me. I'm not folding no matter what, there is like 400 in the pot and he has 500 left. I don't like exotic plays like checking either...it strikes me as overly greedy, very often your opponent won't bluff at the pot, and sometmies they will etiher catch a legitimate draw on the turn or catch a miracle winner. I don't like playing with such a style in sit and go's.

If the guy has an ace I lose my chips, if he doesn't I don't. I think the odds are in my favor, and you know that sometimes they make some funky calls where my JJ will be ahead.

fluorescenthippo 12-13-2005 08:13 PM

so are you basically pushing any flop? (this is what he did in the hand)

curtains 12-13-2005 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so are you basically pushing any flop? (this is what he did in the hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but with only an ace on it, Im going to push. If its lkie AKx I can bet less and fold to a raise probably.

Custer 12-13-2005 09:48 PM

With these stack sizes anything other than pushing is very bad IMO.

moses