Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QTs flops flush. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392872)

David04 12-06-2005 07:15 PM

QTs flops flush.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Assuming this is standard.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

As soon as I bet I kicked myself for not C/R'ing and getting soem more bets out of CO and Button. Didn't turn out too badly, but I'm assuming a C/R would be best here. BB caps, and I'm thinking he has something like AA or AK(probably holding K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], doesn't seem too scared of the diamonds.)

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Still going crazy, at this point I'm really thinking BB has AA, so I'm hoping the board doesn't pair.

River: (18 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Not really the best card for me. I obviously can't fold this huge pot, but I can't raise here.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Any comments are appreciated.

12-06-2005 07:35 PM

Re: QTs flops flush.

Pre-Flop: Yupp

Flop: I always bet into the bettor when I have something that is likely to be better than his holdings since he more than 80% of the time fires back at me. I find it alot better to fire into him than to check-raise him.

Turn: Nothing to say

River: Worst card to come. Ah well. Nice line here. I think it's a thin line between check/call and bet/call here. I ain't folding, thats for sure.

12-06-2005 08:10 PM

What could he have raised with preflop? King of diamonds and what? by the river we learn the J is out, you had the T, and the 9 and 7 are in the flop with the A. Did he come in with A Kd and then show that much aggression all the way through? I feel you're pretty safe, I put him on KKd or AA.

I'd normally say slow down, but the likelihood of him having KXs with that raise preflop seems really weak.

12-06-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River: Worst card to come. Ah well. Nice line here. I think it's a thin line between check/call and bet/call here. I ain't folding, thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back this. I check/call here.

AlmightyJay 12-06-2005 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Assuming this is standard.

Flop: (8 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

As soon as I bet I kicked myself for not C/R'ing and getting soem more bets out of CO and Button. Didn't turn out too badly, but I'm assuming a C/R would be best here. BB caps, and I'm thinking he has something like AA or AK(probably holding K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], doesn't seem too scared of the diamonds.)

Turn: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Still going crazy, at this point I'm really thinking BB has AA, so I'm hoping the board doesn't pair.

River: (18 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Not really the best card for me. I obviously can't fold this huge pot, but I can't raise here.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Any comments are appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r the flop, but otherwise this looks good. You might be able to 3-bet the river, because BB REALLY looks like he has AA here, but an overplayed AK is certainly possible.

DCWildcat 12-06-2005 09:01 PM

I don't think missing a flop c/r is bad- there are lots of hands that BB raises(KK-TT, KQ, etc.), that he might be too scared to bet with that board now, and getting it checked through misses mucho value.

I think I check/call the river, that's a brutal card.

Shillx 12-06-2005 09:05 PM

You can bet-call or bet-3bet the river. The J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is a fun card because it means that he didn't flop the nuts (or anything close to the nuts). Since he was willing to go 4 bets on the flop/turn without the nuts, who can say that he won't go 4 on the river without them?

It is a tough call to make here. I dunno what I'd do. Check/calling is not an option though.

Brad

Shillx 12-06-2005 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take back this. I check/call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh funny how poker works isn't it. Check/calling here isn't half as good as bet/calling. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Bet/calling would be bad if the river bricked, but the 4th [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] pretty much eliminates check/calling here.

crovax4444 12-06-2005 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think I check/call the river, that's a brutal card.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not exactly why that's a brutal card. You have 2nd nut, and considering the range BB could have (lets assume AA-JJ, AK-AJ) that there is only one hand that he can beat you with. Raising this river is correct. Anything less is just being passive.

Crovax

Eeegah 12-06-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Heh funny how poker works isn't it. Check/calling here isn't half as good as bet/calling. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this differ from your post here? In both threads it's at least plausible that we're raising the second best hand, and the villian's betting pattern is identical.

Edit: I assume the fourth diamond has something to do with it, but I don't see what.