Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My interesting AKo hand: June 12 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271369)

private joker 06-12-2005 05:08 PM

My interesting AKo hand: June 12

MP1 is 23/6/1.2 and the rest of the table plays poorly.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (18 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (9 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero...

brettbrettr 06-12-2005 05:11 PM

Re: My interesting AKo hand: June 12

What's interesting?

private joker 06-12-2005 05:14 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
What's interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of people would bet the flop, but would be incorrect to do so. And I think the turn decision is close.

molawn2mo 06-12-2005 05:54 PM

toss it. you have 4 outs to a rivered T (the Th may even be tainted) and even then it may be a split pot. even if you hit your over card you may be reverse dominated.

brettbrettr 06-12-2005 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a lot of people would bet the flop, but would be incorrect to do so. And I think the turn decision is close.

[/ QUOTE ]

If people could point out what's difficult about the turn I'll have learned a lot. I'm not being sarcastc--this looks like a fold to me.

bobhalford 06-12-2005 06:02 PM

Well, a flop bet from you would most likely get raised, and all you've got is a gutshot and two overcards, neither of which are necessarily any good if they hit on the turn. There are a lot of opponents, a few who semi-coldcalled preflop, so I think a check on the flop was good. Betting may clean out some of your outs, but an A or K on the turn or river will often make a straight for someone, so all you've got is a non-heart 10 for the nuts.

I would fold the turn and believe that I played AK well in this hand.

bobhalford 06-12-2005 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If people could point out what's difficult about the turn I'll have learned a lot. I'm not being sarcastc--this looks like a fold to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is disputing a turn fold, but I think the flop is where players like me are likely to make a mistake and bet believing that opponents can be eliminated, only to find that our AK is no good even if we improve to top pair or even a straight with the 10h comes on the river.

private joker 06-12-2005 06:11 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I folded. But I think it's close. If this is AQ or KQ or AJ raising to protect, then I have 7 clean outs.

jjacky 06-12-2005 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is disputing a turn fold, but I think the flop is where players like me are likely to make a mistake and bet believing that opponents can be eliminated, only to find that our AK is no good even if we improve to top pair or even a straight with the 10h comes on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i had a hard time to convince myself, that a bet with overcards and a gutshot in a very large field isn't a good idea usually.

gusnyc 06-12-2005 07:35 PM

take your free card on the flop and fold the turn. you dont have the right odds to call and some of your outs may only get a split pot. the other thing to consider is that the turn might get capped meaning you will have to call another 2 bets when the action comes back around.